Laser Printer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I need to buy a new printer for home and i was wondering if any can recommend one.Would prefare a colour one with great printing speed. What do i need to look for in a good one thanks in advance
ok :cry:
Miss X Posts: 1415
Sorry Mrs05, thought there'd be someone more qualified than me to advise you. We have HP laserjets in work, never had a bit of trouble with them so I went for a small version for at home, can't remember the code but its a Hp Desk or Office jet, its got a great print speed and is a fax/copier/scanner too. It was €300 or so, two years ago and is still as good as new, I wanted one that printed good quality photos and that was the deciding factor but they've all probably got that at this stage. Its a small enough one too, it kinda folds in on itself when not in use. I went to Currys/dixons/pc world can never remember which one it is :roll: in Liffey Valley (beside argos) to have a look at them all, and then ordered it through work! HTH
Thanks a million Miss X,i will pop over tomorrow hopefully to have a look.We have a separate fax(which is brand new)and a scanner that has never been used :oops: only for dust collecting so i will look for just the printer
Thanks a million Miss X,i will pop over tomorrow hopefully to have a look.We have a separate fax(which is brand new)and a scanner that has never been used :oops: only for dust collecting so i will look for just the printer
sorry connection is unbelieveable today :roll:
workingmom Posts: 3429
Just be careful to check the price of the consumables for the printer before you buy it, most of them are sold cheap but it's the cartridges/ ink that cost a fortune afterwards and that is where the manufacturers make their money. Just check the prices before you buy. I know I bought an inkjet really good and really cheap, but when it came to replace the cartridges, one colour and one black cartridge were as expensive as the printer itself!
Heflen Posts: 4050
If it's just for home use, you dont need to be spending anywhere near that much. I have this printer - http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/54446/art ... 6540.html# - €88 on Pixmania - this is perfect for just printing pictures from a digital camera etc
Thanks alot Yes its for home use but for printing reports extra from TAS books.Have an inkjet and you could go for a weeks holiday and back again and it would still be printing out the vat reports :roll: Need something much faster with colour
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:43lajc8x]Thanks alot Yes its for home use but for printing reports extra from TAS books.Have an inkjet and you could go for a weeks holiday and back again and it would still be printing out the vat reports :roll: Need something much faster with colour[/quote:43lajc8x] If you're going to be printing Payroll reports that require many pages, then you may want to go up a model or two - though this shouldnt cost much more..I've bought loads from Pixmania and never had a problem