Last day in work - Redundancy Question ???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jims Doll Posts: 356
Hi Ladies, :wv Last day in work today. Been made redundant. Just have a quick question. Accounts person isnt in work today so cannot ask her. She had left everything out for the boss so he can do up my redundancy cheque and for me to sign for it. My question is does he "legally" have to give it to me today. Really dont want to trapse down here another day just to suit him. Its not that the money isnt there, he just doesnt like been told to do stuff and normally goes against things if he can and does it when it suits him (as in to show he is the boss). I probably wont know till late this eve what is happening because with stuff like that he leaves it to the last minute i just want to know that i can dig my heels in and not leave without it. Sorry for ramling girls.
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
[quote="Jims Doll":16v8qzpt]he just doesnt like been told to do stuff and normally goes against things if he can and does it when it suits him (as in to show he is the boss).[/quote:16v8qzpt] Sorry I'm not much help, just wondering if the above is a trait that bosses have? Mine is the exact same, he makes people wait for the last second for cheques, even when the money is there for them!! A few weeks ago we had a supplier downstairs waiting for the cheque and the poor man waited for 20 minutes and then had to leave as my boss wouldn't sign it, said the guy could come back for it tomorrow??? :duh:
Jims Doll Posts: 356
3012, That is exactly what this fella is like. If you ask him to do something he might do it but if you tell him it has to be done he drags his heels and acts like a 3 yr old.
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Yes you are legally entilted to your cheque going out the door.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="May 08 Wife":6wbbzjns]Yes you are legally entilted to your cheque going out the door.[/quote:6wbbzjns] Well in that case Jim's Doll - I hope you get it and that he is not gonna be a stubborn git!
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Hope he handed over the chq JimsDoll
LastRolo Posts: 6892
+1 I hope you got your money Jim's Doll....