Last song of the night?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bonnybride10 Posts: 338
Hi Ladies, our Dj was asking us what song do we want to finish the night off with. To be honest we had't even considered it!! Anyone got any good ideas?!!
Sprocket Posts: 1671
Journey - don't stop believing? A good sing-a-long song is always a winner :)
stillwaiting4 Posts: 48
New York New York is a popular choice, everyone gets in a big circle and does the can can thing to it... always a great laugh
mooshel Posts: 46
They are not really good ideas though are they. There songs that are just played at every wedding/party. I would rather no music at all than have any of those typical overused songs played at any stage of my wedding. If I even hear someone muttering the words "Don't stop believing" they'll be out on their ear. >:o(
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="mooshel":29uznh4v]They are not really good ideas though are they. There songs that are just played at every wedding/party. I would rather no music at all than have any of those typical overused songs played at any stage of my wedding. If I even hear someone muttering the words "Don't stop believing" they'll be out on their ear. >:o([/quote:29uznh4v] +1. I was saying to Mr Lux last night we must make a list of what not to play! Like Saturday NIght by Whigfield, I've had the time of my life, the Macarena etc. Its like the entrance into the meal, if I hear the standard here come the girls, a team and tonight's gonna be a real good night trilogy again I'll choke on my chicken and mushroom vol au vent and beef or salmon.
MrsBuck Posts: 846
we're having hootie and the blowfish i only want to be with you, its a song that we listened to a lot when we first started going out but too fast for our band to play for a first song!
Pricetag Posts: 1306
We'll probably have You'll Never Walk Alone big Liverpool families!!!! Although as cheesy as some might think I want Neeeeeevvvvvvvvvverrrr Forget Where You're Coming From Neeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr Pretend that it's all real Soooooooooooooommmmmmmmeeeee Day soon this will all be someone elses dream!!!!! O-O
Pricetag Posts: 1306
[quote="lux":169v5drf][quote="mooshel":169v5drf]They are not really good ideas though are they. There songs that are just played at every wedding/party. I would rather no music at all than have any of those typical overused songs played at any stage of my wedding. If I even hear someone muttering the words "Don't stop believing" they'll be out on their ear. >:o([/quote:169v5drf] +1. I was saying to Mr Lux last night we must make a list of what not to play! Like Saturday NIght by Whigfield, I've had the time of my life, the Macarena etc. Its like the entrance into the meal, if I hear the standard here come the girls, a team and tonight's gonna be a real good night trilogy again I'll choke on my chicken and mushroom vol au vent and beef or salmon.[/quote:169v5drf] +1 on this I'm defo making a list of songs NOT to be played!!!!
stick Posts: 1229
[quote="newfiance":21tstks6][quote="lux":21tstks6][quote="mooshel":21tstks6]They are not really good ideas though are they. There songs that are just played at every wedding/party. I would rather no music at all than have any of those typical overused songs played at any stage of my wedding. If I even hear someone muttering the words "Don't stop believing" they'll be out on their ear. >:o([/quote:21tstks6] +1. I was saying to Mr Lux last night we must make a list of what not to play! Like Saturday NIght by Whigfield, I've had the time of my life, the Macarena etc. Its like the entrance into the meal, if I hear the standard here come the girls, a team and tonight's gonna be a real good night trilogy again I'll choke on my chicken and mushroom vol au vent and beef or salmon.[/quote:21tstks6] +1 on this I'm defo making a list of songs NOT to be played!!!![/quote:21tstks6] +2 on what not to play. was at a wedding recently and me H2B and another engaged couple were talking about teh DO NOT play list: Galway Girls O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| it drives me insane, 500miles and show me the way to amarillo!!!!! are def 3 on my list
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Our bands song was New York, New York and our DJ played Elbow, One Day Like This - our string quartet played this for our recessional in the church so it was lovely hearing it again at the very end of the night!!