Late Late Show

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ellybelly Posts: 305
Sorry but as you can see wasnt a major fan.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
[quote="ellybelly":ss72lyen] Just one thing, how many times did they need to say he was a good father?? Not being mean or speaking ill of the dead but come on!! Didnt see a mention of all the hassle he caused over his bosses wanting him to take a pay cut. Wasnt soo great then was he? [/quote:ss72lyen] I think this is uncalled for. They mentioned he was a good father because he has FIVE children. They are after all those that will be most effected. I'm sure people are at pains to stress this as he left the family home 2 years ago and I'm sure this was no reflection on how much he felt for his children. As for going on about the 10% pay cut..give me a break, the man is dead. Is this the best you can come up with?
SpringChicken Posts: 666
I wasn't a fan of his either. For every person who liked him there's someone who didn't. Especially lately - he rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. I'm surprised that all the presenters seemed to be such buddies with each other - maybe it shows how introverted RTE is. Poor Dave Fanning. I love him. I remember him being really upset too when Uaneen Fitzsimons died in a car crash a few years ago.
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
I wouldn't have been a dedicated follower of his show but I am heart sore for his loss. Its such an horrendous tragedy he was such a young man, with a young family, he was the voice of the nation, an Irish icon and one thing I knew from listening to his show was the adoration he had for his family, so no wonder his friends would high light that aspect of him and how comforting and honourable for his beautiful children to hear that their dad cherished them especially at his sensitive and early stage in their grief. R.I.P Gerry Ryan.
joker Posts: 2789
i was neither a fan or a foe... i listened in the morning however... i do think pat kenny reminissing about the honeymoon with morah was inappropriate, Gerry ryan was separated from his wife morah and was in a relationship with another woman who did not even get a mention Im not saying morah does not deserve to be mentioned but they were separated as everyone kept referring to them as if they were together
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
[quote="U2 ":1t0rxol5]i was neither a fan or a foe... i listened in the morning however... i do think pat kenny reminissing about the honeymoon with morah was inappropriate, Gerry ryan was separated from his wife morah and was in a relationship with another woman who did not even get a mention Im not saying morah does not deserve to be mentioned but they were separated as everyone kept referring to them as if they were together[/quote:1t0rxol5] I thought it was a really good show and I think it says alot about G. Ryan (as they say) that he was spoken of so highly by such an impressive panel of guests. I didn't think they were referring to them as if they were together. Joe Duffy referred to problems in his personal life and I think they were speaking more of the family unit then Gerry & Morah. Although I think at the end Ryan referred to thoughts being with the children and Morah and someone in the panel off camera interupted and added his partner.
[quote="Bonnie Parker":88wmpa72][quote="U2 ":88wmpa72]i was neither a fan or a foe... i listened in the morning however... i do think pat kenny reminissing about the honeymoon with morah was inappropriate, Gerry ryan was separated from his wife morah and was in a relationship with another woman who did not even get a mention Im not saying morah does not deserve to be mentioned but they were separated as everyone kept referring to them as if they were together[/quote:88wmpa72] I thought it was a really good show and I think it says alot about G. Ryan (as they say) that he was spoken of so highly by such an impressive panel of guests. I didn't think they were referring to them as if they were together. Joe Duffy referred to problems in his personal life and I think they were speaking more of the family unit then Gerry & Morah. Although I think at the end Ryan referred to thoughts being with the children and Morah and someone in the panel off camera interupted and added his partner.[/quote:88wmpa72] well i missed the last few min so i missed that bit,,, :-8 the papers today dont mention his partner much today, his daughters are stunners, tho i didnt think he had children as young! there was severe lick ass going on on the panel tho, what was pat kenny going on about gay byrne being the trinity for?? another inappropriate thing to say!!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
there was severe lick ass going on on the panel tho, what was pat kenny going on about gay byrne being the trinity for?? another inappropriate thing to say!![/quote] In my opinion U2, I think Pat took opportunity to say some thing which I believe he heart-feltly meant to a colleague he greatly admired, I think he may have taken the chance to say that cause he may have felt he never got the opportunity to say how much he admired Gerry. I think all of the panel last night were so professional but also very raw with grief. I really don't think Pat needs to do any lick arsing he is so well established in his own career now.
i understand that, but i dont think it was the time or the place to do it.... another time or another place, ive all the time in the world for gay byrne but i dont think it was the time to mention it.
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
I didn't see the late late last night so I can't really comment on it. But I do think its very brass to say things like that about him now that he has died. What good is talking about his wage/pay cut now. A dignified silence of your opinions would be nicer at this time. :wv