Laying on belly

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Fur Posts: 131
Hi all, I am 12weeks :o)ll , my question is is it safe to sleep while laying on your belly? Its the position im most comfy in but maybe its not comfy for junior? thanks
theoracle Posts: 7664
If you are 12 weeks this is still ok, but when you start noticing discomfort in that position you know it is time to give it up! I slept on my belly till around that time, and then it just got uncomfortable (you notice pressure on belly).
justwaitin Posts: 2462
your still ok to sleep on ur belly, its hard enough habit to get out of, after ds was born i slept on my belly and it was just lovely.
buzybumble Posts: 831
O' how I miss sleeping on my belly. Im still finding it hard to sleep on my side and some mornings I wake up on my back and then I start to panic thinking Ive cut off the oxygen supply to my baby.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
whatever position you sleep in is fine as long as you are comfortable. I was still sleeping on my tummy until about 20 weeks when my bump started to get big and slept on my back till even later - it's only in the last 6 or 8 weeks that i've been uncomfortable sleeping on my back (i get too breathless now). If it was dangerous to sleep on your back or your tummy or your right side nature would have developed a way to make sure we didn't do it. I find it more comfortable to sleep on my right hand side than on my left...i reckon a good night's sleep on my right side is better for me and baby than a bad night's sleep on my left side.
breeze Posts: 1175
I so miss sleeping on my belly. I find it very uncomfortable to sleep on my right side, my hips takes all the pressure. Much more comfy on my left. I think thats what im lloking forward to most sleeping on my belly
mammybean Posts: 10364
ya i miss sleeping on my belly. never really paid much attention to the back thing til i got told off in hospital last week that lying on your back is very bad for the baby.