Leaking boobies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hi girls this is embarrassing :-8 My boobies have started leaking this kind of transparent liquid on and off :-8 My bras are getting ruined. Am just wondering do people use breast pads before they breast feed to help save their bras? Think I would feel daft buying a box of breast pads so early! Anyone else having the same problem?
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Sphynx, I posted about this last week, I am going through the same thing, said it to my consultant and apparantly it is normal. Mine are leaking yellow fluid, though (sorry if TMI!) I ended up buying breast pads as bras were getting ruined.. HTH
chilledout Posts: 834
I've heard of this happening to plenty of women. I bought breast pads when I was only 5 months pregnant but never needed them. Even after DS was born I didn't really leak at all. I think that's unusual as most of the women in the breast feeding support group were complaining their tops and bras were ruined! Go and buy some pads if you need them! The yellow fluid is colustrum and I was told the more yellow it is the better, not sure why!
littledolly Posts: 393
I've read that this can happen any time from late in the second trimester, and it's perfectly normal. I bought breast pads about 6 weeks ago in case I needed them, but so far, I've had nothing. Most packs of breast pads say they are for use before and after birth, so I assume this is the 'before' bit!
jen2 Posts: 3106
Every woman is different. I needed to use them there last week, but they have stopped leaking now. Just buy them and use them. It will save your bras, and lots of extra washing. Jen2