Leaking Breasts during pregnancy.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mum2be30 Posts: 31
Hi Girls...just wondering has anyone experienced leaking breasts during pregnancy? Im 26 weeks gone & had a leak the other night! got a fright, not very nice to experience so early! wonder will it happen more often now???? :o(
milis Posts: 7998
I leaked occasionally when pregnant last time, it's nothing to worry about, just your body preparing itself for what is to come! I just bought washable breastpads, and wore them for the rest of the pregnancy just incase!!
almighty angel Posts: 281
I've been leaking since just before 18 weeks. Generally more at night time and in the evening, especially if I'm lying down. Like Milis said, breast pads will sort it out.
Smallwoman Posts: 132
Mine leaked from 20 weeks the last time. No problems with it.
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
Mine started to leak on first pregnacy at 18 weeks it used to be at its worst after a shower it would be streaming out of me. Like millis just popped in the breast pads. I seem to be escaping from it this time.
PetiteFeet Posts: 506
I leaked from 26 weeks, particularly at night or in the shower. Not sure if it's related but I had massive amounts if milk when Dd was born. I was expressing 6oz a go at 2 weeks!! So could be a good sign if you're planning to bf
LazyBaby Posts: 464
oh lads, mine have been leaking like crazy overnight since 18wks and it's my first baba for some reason, it's more on my right side than left - I'll wake up with just whole right side including sleeves of PJs sopping wet.. if I wear a white PJ top, it stains yellow from the colostrum absolute :-8 :-8 mam thinks it's all good - reckons its a good sign all the hormones are in working order and great sign of bainne if you plan on BF, so I'll take it as a positive step, but at 21wks, it's a long way to go - must investigate those washable pads, where can you buy them???
milis Posts: 7998
I can't remember where I bought them, it's the lansinoh ones I have. Lilypadz are reusable too.
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I had the boots own brand one did the job.
mum2be30 Posts: 31
Thanks a mill girls for all the info etc....dont feel to bad now.. must invest in the pads O:o)