leaking!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hi girls I was wondering if any of you are having the same problem as myslef - I have noticed on some occasions where i have leaks down below - I know the bladder is weakened and have had a few instances when i have coughed where i have leaked but was sitting on chair this evening and felt a leak and went to toilet.....how do you know it is unrine and not your fluid - I have an appointment with docs tomorrow and am going to ask but was just wondering - not really in any pain - just feel unconfortable in pelvic area at minute and pain when i try to wee although tests have come back that i have no infection...would pain be because babs is lying on bladder and making it difficult for me to pee.......I just wouldn't like to think my waters have broken and i am doing nothing as i know it can lead to infection. All opinions welcome Thanks
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
This is what happened to me! Very embarrassing, but seemingly quite normal. I wear minipads now. Its apparantly due to what way baby is lying, and as long as you do pelvic floor exercises should get better with time. HTH :wv
Ducky Posts: 2506
Pee will usually have a stronger ammonia odour whereas amniotic fluid smells sweeter and will be clear. Urine is often darker yellow while pregnant. Put a liner or pad on and if there is fluid on it half an hour later and you haven't had a drink, get it checked. They will do a fluid test in the hospital (like a smear) to see if the sac is leaking and if not, send you home. No big deal, I had one done as I had massive amounts of discharge and thought I was leaking. I wasn't but they were very nice about it.