leaning silver

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NewGirl Posts: 1143
I have dug out my old silver diamonte (sp) jewellry & they are all yellowish - i have tried putting them into silver cleaner that I have from before & they still arent sparkling even after scrubbing them with a little brush - anyone any tips? I need it for a wedding on Saturday. I heard before coke works (as in cola) anyone tried this?
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
coke a cola
sabride Posts: 250
You can buy silver jewellery cleaner in jewellers for a tenner. Works a treat.
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Is the silver cleaner you used old? Could be the reason why it didn't work.
The PDQ Posts: 954
[quote="NewGirl":1429nl8m]I heard before coke works (as in cola) anyone tried this?[/quote:1429nl8m] :o0 I love that people feel they have to say that now :o0
frecklz Posts: 1839
[quote="The PDQ":bvck1uce][quote="NewGirl":bvck1uce]I heard before coke works (as in cola) anyone tried this?[/quote:bvck1uce] :o0 I love that people feel they have to say that now :o0[/quote:bvck1uce] Ah, it's the times we live in. :o(
The PDQ Posts: 954
I know, its crazy isn't it??
nic1 Posts: 136
try scrunching up tin foil, putting it in a bowl with boiling or near boiling water, some salt and put in your jewellery. Just try dangle a tiny bit first though to be on the safe side.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Thanks ladies - yea the cleaner was old so I bought new cleaner today & made no difference - might try the coke & if it doesnt work I'll try the tin foil - they just look so dull