Leap Year Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nearlywed Posts: 254
Hi Girls is anyone aware of any superstitions of getting married on 29th of Feb - a leap day? obviously there would be a prob with wedding anniversaries but i'd hope every 4 years would be excellent :lvs
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i think its the only day a woman should ask a man to get married.
milis Posts: 7998
I've heard that it's the say girls can ask boys to marry them -but nothing about weddings, it'd be different alright. Just be careful that 6 years in you won't be pee'd off at onlt having one wedding anniversary behind you :o0
shoegals Posts: 1640
The only thing I would think of is some guests might get confused and think theres a typo on the invite, you know the aul aunties with a bit of a screw loose :o0
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="justwaitin":x24zfrjm]i think its the only day a woman should ask a man to get married.[/quote:x24zfrjm] I second this.. H2b kept asking me to ask him to marry me the last leap year, but being a traditional girl, i stuck my to my guns and waited for him to do it,.. :o0 :o0
Mrs CB Posts: 113
Apparently anything that starts on a leap year day will succeed! That's what came up when I checked it out on the web along with the tradition of a woman asking a man etc. We decided to go ahead with the 29/02/08!