Leaving Home - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ah i think a lot of people can agree with you here its hard, h2b and i were saving for a house but when we saw it so cheap we jumped in and bought it, when we originally said we'd save for a few years, so it was all kind of rush rush. im a total homebird and it killed me leaving my mam and dads, i was crying and all. What i did was sleep in my mams during the week and our new house the weekends while we were finishing it off, then gradually stayed in the new house more and that definatly helped. all i can say it you will seriouslt love having your own place its great. best of luck.
Glam08 Posts: 230
It is me too refchick. Although i was away from home while at college and when i went to australia. there will be tears when i leave, we are currently building our home at moment i am so excited about it and we both cant wait for our wedding nxt sept :o)ll My h2b knows how hard it will be for me i will be living over an hour away from my parents. My siblings had it easier as they all live a few miles away from parents house. It will be tough but i guess i have to grow up sometime :wv url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:1adyb2gs]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;35;116/st/20080927/e/Our+Wedding/dt/6/k/17ec/event.png[/img:1adyb2gs] [/url]
Sassy Sally Posts: 306
Hi refchick, I have pm'd you. Sassy :wv
Sinful Posts: 956
I was a wreck when i left a few months ago, oh my god even a couple of days after. In all honestly only last 2 months iv been ok about it. The day i moved out i was fighting with my mother and then my h2b started fighting with my mother it was crazy but it really was only that we couldnt express ourselves and it came out in a fight it was awful though. I remember we had rented out a truck to bring our stuff and i hopped in and out of that truck like a yo yo saying i wasnt moving out etc. Then my mam ran out after the truck and i broke down in tears and ran and hugged and kissed her and we just wept. Oh god i just started again But we laugh about it now and even that night when she rang me to see how i got on and also the next morning he he he God i love her, (i have aunty flow visting and im an emotional wreck as it was that has set me off again , also listening to love cd, i bring it on myself )
MrsIbizaGirl Posts: 979
hey refchick You will be fine. Yes, it will probably be really hard moving out of your parents house, but like the other girls have said you will absolutely love having your own space, your own home where you can do everything your way. Try not to think about the moving out of your parents house so much but rather that you will be moving in with your h2b - that should cheer you up *)
pennies Posts: 240
Hi refchick, I`m same as you and thought I was the only one. Moved out of home when I was at college and first 2 years of work however ended up moving back home cos it suited me when a job came up. It was only meant to be a temporary thing but few years later, I`m still there. We`re getting married shortly and our house is still a building site so we will end up probably renting or putting a mobile home on site so I`m kinda dreading the upheavel & moving out of the comforts of home. I`m a really big home bird and I`d say I`ll be an emotional wreck nearer to the time. Just thought I`d share, glad I`m not the only one who feels this way :-8
yummymumm Posts: 824
Oh you poor chick, so many emotions and so much going on, Moving out is very hard when your a home bird and getting married is another emotion all together. My doc had to give me Xanax last year when I moved out. We have a 2 year old togther but I stayed at home until I was certain I wanted to be with him. When I moved in with him, He thought I hated his guts we fought so much, I didn't know how to deal with all the emotions, its a hard one. It did take me about 3 weeks to get a little happier but poor H2B really didn't know how to cope! We are obviously happy now as we are getting married in 8 weeks so I will prob have it all again on the wedding day...have the xanax ready! I am way to soppy and think about things too much, I thought I was the only one. At least you will have the honneymoon to relax a bit, no matter how much it hurts you and how hard it is, make sure you stay in your new house together when you get back form honneymoon...its not the end of your childhood, its just a continuation of it. Your mam will probobly be over with you more than when you lived with her!! Hope that helps pm me if you need an ear :thnk
refchick Posts: 122
Thank you all so so so much its good to know im not the only one who feels this way. To the next step :lvs
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563