legal house question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fancypants Posts: 453
ok - does anyone now how this works.... I have perviously bought and sold a house in Dublin Husband and i have bought and soon to be selling a house in London If we bought in Dublin next year in just my husband's name would he qualify as a first time buyer - seeing as he has never bought property in Ireland??
that should be previously - I never bought anything Perviously!!!! (except maybe in Ann Summers!!) :o0
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Sadly, any purchase in Europe counts. Officially... >:o) >:o)
dreamer Posts: 3941
Does it?? I didn't know that!
Gah thought that - grrr tax man!
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
[quote="TokenMale":7gzch221]Sadly, any purchase in Europe counts. Officially... >:o) >:o)[/quote:7gzch221] Any purchase of property ANYWHERE counts!! Unfortunately.
GolfWidow Posts: 425
Really? I never knew that. I always assumed it had to have been a house within the state.
I was thinking the same Token Male - it would be fairly easy to get around wouldn't it........ :innocent:
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="fancypants":3s463t7k]I was thinking the same Token Male - it would be fairly easy to get around wouldn't it........ :innocent:[/quote:3s463t7k] Let's just say that it's not unheard of. Not that I condone tax fraud in any way shape or form.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
[quote="fancypants":2zy6rsfz]I was thinking the same Token Male - it would be fairly easy to get around wouldn't it........ :innocent:[/quote:2zy6rsfz] Just make sure that you don't tell your legal adviser. When asked if you're a FTB just say "Yes". They don't have to look behind it then but if you say "well I used to have a property in another country but will lie to the Revenue" or words to that effect, they are obliged to inform the Revenue! As much of a Pain in the a&se as it is.