lenght of stay in coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2006bride Posts: 87
Hi all just starting to freak out now 2 weeks until due date. Just wondering how many night is the norm to stay in Coombe if you have a normal birth and no complications. ALso should I ring Hospital when my waters break
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Once everything is ok on the first child its 2-3 days and on the next its only 24hrs. You don't have to ring them when you waters break just make your way in! Hope are are not too nervous, it will fly by. Before you know it you will be home again with your new little one! Good luck!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
I not going to coombe but my sil was in there a few wks ago. It was her 2nd she didn't have time to ring them she just went straight in. She woke up at 5 with pains and babs was born at 7.30. She was in for 2 nights, they kept asking her did she want to go home after her 1st night and she kept saying no, so they kept her for 2nights. Hope your keeping well
breeze Posts: 1175
I had DS2 in the Coombe on christmas eve. He wasnt even an hour old and they were asking me when i wanted to go home. He was born at 4.30 and i was out and home sitting on my couch at 1.30 the next day christmas day. there was no complications at all, we were both fine. I didnt ring the hsp i started getting pains at 6.30 that morning and was in there by 8.30. Just go straight in. Good LUck you will do fine and the nursers are fantastic,
sunshiniest Posts: 303
Thanks Breeze, Congrats on your baby boy! Can I ask what you are calling him? Best of luck 2006bride - I'll hopefully be following a few days after you! When are you starting the raspberry leaf tea? :o0
30thmay2006 Posts: 235
they let you out within 24 hours if you dont have epi even on your first, a friend of mine was being asked when her hubby was collecting her and she had only had her toast!!!