Lets compare our bumps!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
So im heading for 27 weeks, have put on 2 stone and my waist measures 40.5".... Whats yours?
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, I wouldn't put up a picture because you've a proper lovely bump, mine just looks like I ate too many chips...
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
I'm in my 31st week now and have grown a lot in past 3 weeks, but heres a pic taken of me when I was on hols at 27 weeks :wv I dont want to know what my waist size is, but I've put on about 2 stone too! :eek
We're looking around the same size at 27 weeks Urban Fairy. I feel like over the last 2 weeks my belly has really expanded and was kinda getting worried but today i think im kinda normal enough size for how far along i am.
lannah Posts: 574
Will have to take a photo - I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and have put on 5.5 kilos so far which I just converted to 12 pounds. Although I had plenty of padding to begin with! Will also have to measure my waist as well - do you do it around the bellybutton area? Thats probably where I am widest.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Ah lush we'll have fine aul sized children by the look of us.. new members of the Ireland Rugby Squad in the making! :wv
Oh god, dont jinx me Urban Fairy. Im putting it down to a lot of amniotic fluid but read lately that having too much can be kinda dangerous in a number of ways so will stop saying that. Im hoping ive had a growth spurt lately and that will be it for a little while. Lannah, yeah, i measure around my bellybutton which is the widest part for me.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I am 38 weeks and 4 days and have gained about 3lbs. I had gained about a half stone before Christmas but lost it all again when sick. Bump is definitely nigger the last 2-3 weeks. DH has a few photos of it but I have none. I hate him taking them. I know baby was 4lbs8oz at 34 week scan and was in yesterday and was told from mini scan that it is an averaged size baby. Don't know my waist size and don't really want to know it either.
3lbs???? Are you serious? Is that possible? If i ate a fine size dinner I'd be 3lbs heavier...
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
|Well I have always been more prone to gaining weight than losing it and I was a few stone overweight getting pregnant. Apparently if you're overweight in pregnancy, you have more of a tendancy to lose it than gain it or so I have heard. I lost about two stone in my pregnancy, which is great as baby is still thriving. As I said, I did gain some in the second half of second trimester but lost it all again at start of third trimester with a chest and sinus infection. I just don't have the same appetite since getting pregnant. I reckon I will have a half stone gained again though by delivery. People tell me I am very neat still but because my bump was only very obvious from about 30 weeks, I suddenly feel very big now. it is like where are my baps and where is my bump at the moment. :o0