Letting Revenue know you're married

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mamaboom Posts: 2094
What did you do to inform Revenue that you were married, in order to change your tax assessment? I've got conflicting advice, one girl told me to fill in a form.......IT2, another person I spoke to told me I've to fill in a different form, can't remember the name and send my marriage cert to them.............. Anyone done this and how did you do it?!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
not being smart but it might be as easy to give the revenue a call and get the "right" advice. :wv
I did....................twice!
what did they say?
one girl told me to fill in a form.......IT2, another person I spoke to told me I've to fill in a different form, can't remember the name and send my marriage cert to them.............. Maybe I'll try again and see what the next one says, I'll go with the majority :o0
oh sorry i didnt realise that the conflicting advice you got was actually from the Revenue office! Jaysus :o0 :o0 I don't know- I havent advised them yet that I'm married. You think that it would all be automatic once you register the marriage O:|
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I took the easy way out and got on to the office accountant as he deals with payroll etc. As soon as you register the marriage the relevant government offices are aware you're married anyway. I just needed him to sort things out as DH wasn't working when we first got married so the accountant was able to get on to them and basically I got his tax credits and thus my salary went up abit. He's back at work now so his tax credits will revert back to him now. Kind of a bummer ;o(
LJMom Posts: 1100
Sorry I cant remember but third time lucky at least they are answering now!
Yeah you'd imagine they'd all be of the same thinking!! I didn't bother telling them till now cos I was working and needed my credits, DH can have some of them now as I'm out of work, welfare are informed of marriage so you'd imagine that Revenue should be as well!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I just rang them and they did it over the phone for me