Letting Revenue know you're married - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mamaboom Posts: 2094
Ok so I took my own advice and rang again, the majority say to fill in this IT2 form and send in. I'll do that and see what happens! Scarlett I think the only reason they're telling me to fill in forms is because I'm out of work and want to transfer my tax credits to DH, other than that as far as I can gather, a call would have been fine to let them know.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
No I wasnt working at the time so I rang to get my credits transferred to hubbie. I remember him asking did I want him to change my name too. It was all done on the phone and we got a cheque for the back dated money in the post. That was last year now, maybe it has changed
Excited2010 Posts: 777
I know you cant do anything with your tax credits in the year you get married. What you do is at the start of the following year (once you get your p60) you can send in for a year of marriage survey on urs and h2b. Then you can go ahead and swap your tax credits whether your working or not Not sure if this helps you
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="Bababoom":2hmpz8eg]I'm out of work and want to transfer my tax credits to DH, other than that as far as I can gather, a call would have been fine to let them know.[/quote:2hmpz8eg] DH did this online with the online revenue site thingy-ma-bob *)
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
[quote="wifín":2h6912ss][quote="Bababoom":2h6912ss]I'm out of work and want to transfer my tax credits to DH, other than that as far as I can gather, a call would have been fine to let them know.[/quote:2h6912ss] DH did this online with the online revenue site thingy-ma-bob *)[/quote:2h6912ss] Really? Jaysus, I'll try that so!! Scarlett, i wish it was that easy for me, you got a nice helpful person! I hate all this form filling! I'm hoping there'll be a cheque in the post too!
wifin Posts: 4761
We got a refund cheque too when he did it about a year ago....fingers crossed for you. We didn't ask for it, they just automatically sent it out, best surprise ever!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Bababoom":259pqzvx][quote="wifín":259pqzvx][quote="Bababoom":259pqzvx]I'm out of work and want to transfer my tax credits to DH, other than that as far as I can gather, a call would have been fine to let them know.[/quote:259pqzvx] DH did this online with the online revenue site thingy-ma-bob *)[/quote:259pqzvx] Really? Jaysus, I'll try that so!! Scarlett, i wish it was that easy for me, you got a nice helpful person! I hate all this form filling! I'm hoping there'll be a cheque in the post too![/quote:259pqzvx] Yeah I got some bloke, I like when I get the men I usually just waffle the ears off them :o0 Excited 2010 we got married in October 08 and we were refunded from the date of our marriage. I dont know if it has changed now but I know we deffo did
curliwurli Posts: 3369
[quote="wifín":38yaf0d6][quote="Bababoom":38yaf0d6]I'm out of work and want to transfer my tax credits to DH, other than that as far as I can gather, a call would have been fine to let them know.[/quote:38yaf0d6] DH did this online with the online revenue site thingy-ma-bob *)[/quote:38yaf0d6] I have been on that loads of times and could never find an option to do this??? I rang up and they sent me in a form that I have to send back at the start of 2011 cos we just got married in February. Does anyone know will I be able to transfer credits to DH at that time as I will be on maternity leave from August this year?