Lexapro & pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Arta1 Posts: 276
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience on this. I have been on Lexapro for depression but found out last week I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I stopped taking the meds straight away but I'm worried about the possible effects on the baby for the time I was taking it. Anyone ever experience anything similar??
jan8 Posts: 554
arta i'd imagine it's no worse than drinking before you find out and imagine how often that happens! i actually think that in exceptional cases the doc advises patient to stay on these meds if risks of staying off them outweigh benefits. i'm sure if you hvae a chat with your doc you'll be reassured. hope you are ok and not suffering too badly with coming off them so suddenly! x
Arta1 Posts: 276
Thanks jan8, I spoke to my doc yesterday and he basically said there is no way of knowing if babs has been affected until he or she arrives so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed. He did say people have been on it throughout pregnancy and have had a perfectly healthy baby so here's hoping. I'm relieved they are happy to leave me off it for the moment, and I'm feeling fine so far.