Lidl Travel Cot Offer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hestia Posts: 2368
Decent Hauck cots going for €48 this week in Lidl. Grand price like. We'd just bought one a few weeks back for twice that. Alright, I exaggerate but a saving of a tenner is a big deal in these days of penny pinching. Plus I'm on a serious Lidl trip these days. Those little brochures thrill me. I had to come up with some kinda excuse for buying the Sunday Indo. Apparently.
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
They aren't the best quality, the hauck cots. I have see two recently (friends ones) and they both said that they wouldn't get them again.
hestia Posts: 2368
A pain in the tits initially but with perseverance and swearing blind it's never going to work, there's a moment when it drops into place. You won't know how you got there but take the credit for it anyway. Don't be put off by a relatively minor number of negative tales that distort reality and the potential for success. But maybe give yourself a good hour when first putting it up. A bit like breastfeeding. Wah wah.
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
An hour? Way too long for me................... Aldi have some great offers starting this Thursday on babby stuff.
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I have one, use it as a playpen/toy dump for DD and find it great. It took a few times to figure out how to put it up, but it's no worse than any travel cots I've encountered in hotels or the mother in law's. The biggest problem for putting it up is that it's longer than most travel cots, while I have the short arms of a very short person...
whackywoman Posts: 1496
we have 2 here and they are fab. Very easy to put up and take down even by me and they fold up really easily. Also if you want to make it extra comfortable for baba you can buy travel cot mattresses in Smyths for around €20.
ttc_bfp_opk_wtf Posts: 682
we have it and the quality of the one we have is great. It's currently being used as our baby prison (sorry, playpen) and has taken endless abuse