lightweight reversible pram/pushchair...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey Posts: 775
Hi Ladies, Am going to post this here and in Mums & Kids. We still haven't bought a pram..or a pushchair or a buggy or whatever name you are supposed to call them these days - I have no idea really what the difference is! Anyway, we don't need anything that works as part of a travel system specifically (but it doesn't matter if it does). What I want is a light weight pram that is suitable from birth, that can be parent facing or front facing. I have asked in mothercare about their ones, but all of them are a min of 10kgs in weight. Same story in Mamas & Pappa's - all seem very heavy. I came across this one on another forum and am wondering is it too good to be true?! Has anyone heard of it / used it / is currently using it? If so what's your opinion on it? It seems to be exactly what we are looking for, which is what is making me suspicious!! Thanks!! In Smyths for 249.99 In Eurobaby for 379.99 (inc car seat - but still, big price diff)
happilywed Posts: 638
hi i was going to suggest the same one to you because 1/2 girls i know on august board have bought this and said it was great and i was literally just considering getting it aswell when the time comes! sorry i dont have ant experience of using it myself but from looking at it online its the only one ive seen that can be facing parent and out and is relatively lightweight and compact..happy shopping O-O
Thanks for the reply happilywed! It does seem like the best combination of things out there. I might go to eurobaby to have a look at it and then if I am happy, get it from Smyths as it's so much cheaper! I can't find too many places actually stocking it.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
We have this buggy. Obviously I haven't used it just yet, but you are right that it is a reasonable price and its not a full travel system, we got the car seat and base separately. It ca be used as a pramette for newborns, there is a newborn liner with it, then it can change into a buggy to face forwards or rear facing. Overall its a good investment and graco are a good brand.
Mari Yay - where did you get yours from? Did you find there was much of a variety of colours?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Got it in smyths I think I only saw it in red but there is another one too.
i searched for it on ebay and found a different colour it was kinda creamy white this is it [img:1nvicn6n]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$(KGrHqF,!gsE7!l57fw0BOw82ZdrPQ~~60_12.JPG[/img:1nvicn6n]
Thanks for that, I think I prefer the lighter one, but I suppose it's hard to tell until I see them. I think this weekend we will HAVE to go out and get it sorted. The more pregnant I get, the less energy and motivation I have for anything!!
they have this deal in eurobaby that includes the car seat if thats any use to you..happy shopping !! €379 for car seat and pushchair :o)ll