limerick restaurant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinkywinky Posts: 16
am having my hen in limerick, can anyone recommend a fun / good resturant in the city centre.
HappyBride2B Posts: 47
having mine in Limerick too..going to luigi malones.. should be lovely. Big enough for everyone I hope!!!
smittenkitten Posts: 116
Luigis is pretty good usually but on busy nights the service can be slightly off, gorgeous seafood though, especially the crabclaws. The Jasmine Palace and Freddys Bistro are also really nice. I would say that The Green Onion is probably the nicest in the city centre though, really hearty but modern too. It depends on what you're into.
Sentosa Posts: 57
I would recommend The Texas Steakout on O Connell Street, excellant service and food and close to all the pubs in town. They cater for a big crowd brilliantly.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I wouldn't recommend Luigi's at all. Very bad service, food is over priced and it's only OK. Texas Steak house is a good choice by far. The restaurant in the clarion is very good, lovely views and near all pubs.
SarahS Posts: 550
Hi Luigi's and the Jasmine are great for a big crowd, I'm sure if you are on a hen you won't be too worried about the service being slightly off and they are places where it is grand to be noisy! I wouldn't go to Freddy's Bistro for a hen and it is very over rated for what you get. Sarah
Ms. Piggy Posts: 16
Hi Pinkywinky, Texas Steakhouse and Jasmine Palace are definitely the best for what your looking for in Limerick. Texas Steakhouse has a big menu with lots to choose from. Jasmine Palace is a Chinese Restaurant an is very spacious. They are across the street from one another. I have eaten in both a few times an they are both lovely. Enjoy your Hen! :lol:
bride. Posts: 3014
The Green Onion got a terrible review in the Independent last week. Something about being stuck in the 80's. Then again, you don't really be as in to the food when you're on a hen night I suppose!