Lindam baby heart monitor from Argus??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

star sun 1 Posts: 1456
Hi Girls, Was just wondering has anyone tried the Lindam Baby Heart Monitor from Argus??? I bought it a couple of days ago and im not very impressed. I Know it says on the box from 20 weeks and im only 19 weeks but i thought id try it anyway. Didnt hear the heartbeat ( but again i did try it too early and i know baby is there as i feel little kicks all the time) but i just found it very hard to hear anything only backround noises. My DH thinks i should return it but i wanna try it again at 20 weeks. Any find it any good?????
Painter2 Posts: 218
Hi Star sun. I usually dont like commenting on things like this as everyone finds things different but I had to reply to this one as I found it USELESS. I bought it at 14wks as I had suffered four miscarriages and I wanted to hear the babys heart for reassurance. I had already heard the heartbeat in hospital. So I used it, week after week and could NEVER hear anything other than interference. It got to the point where I was sitting in the bedroom sobbing my heart out as I thought something was wrong. I was 24wks I think. My DH actually took it off me and dumped it in the bin. He went straight out and bought the angelsounds one. I was still crying when he got back :-8 Anyway, from the very first moment I used the new one there was no mistaking the baby's heart beat pounding away. Oh, and we had tried new batteries in the lindam one, different things and it never once worked. It really frightened me to be honest and I was so angry I didnt just get the angelsounds one to begin with (I was trying to save money!) Maybe others have found the lindam one good but my personal experience was bad. Please don't get worked up like I did if you cant hear anything. Good luck with your pregnancy (edited as I cant spell!)
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
I bought that one too & it was the worst waste of money ever O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| I was so excited when we got it too thinking we could hear our little boo. If you had the chance I'd bring it back & try for another one - mine was opened & box in the bin etc so there was no bringing it back - I learned that lesson! Complete PANTS O:| O:|
Brideyz Posts: 380
I got the hibebe one from inhealth and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. I had a tilted uterus, anterior placenta and was about 2 stone overweight so if anyone should have problems with a Doppler it should be me, picked up the heartbeat no problem at 13 weeks. I have used it so much, it is the best pregnancy thing I've bought. I've not seen anyone complain about the angelsounds either. :xxx
star sun 1 Posts: 1456
Thanks for the replies girls :thnk I just tried it again and its useless so im going to try and return it.