Lisloughrey or Cromleach????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

itsallaboutthedress Posts: 4
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any opinions (good or bad) on these 2 hotels, or indeed if you were successful on negotiating prices. We are planning a 2 day wedding next summer and after lots of looking around are down to these 2.
loveslegacy Posts: 208
hi I have never been to lisloughrey but I can asure you cromleach is fab. staff are so helpful and friendly. moira is so nice herself and makes you feel right at home.
ashfordbride Posts: 31
Hiya, I went for a look around Lisloughrey and its lovely, and the thing i would say most is that the manager TJ is brilliant and would be the kind of person who couldnt do enough for you.
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi, Lisloughrey gets my vote, it is an amazing place, its setting on the grounds of Ashford Castle is breathtaking and the Lodge itself is a fantastic mixture of old word elegence and boutique hotel. The new team there are real live wires, fresh and eager to please. I love going there! Best wishes, The Getaway Team.
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Both fabulous hotels but my vote would be Lisloughery. I just love it :o)ll
newquin Posts: 24
Hi We looked at both venues, would have loved to have gone with Lisloughrey but our numbers are too big for their function room :duh: . (Going with Knockranny, Westport). Food in Lisloughrey is v good & the grounds/ house interior are just fab for photos. If you do choose Cong id also recommend the grounds behind the church for photos, my friend got married in Cong last yr & has the most beautiful pics by the lake & old monks house etc. Hope this helps your decision!!!!!
demonwife Posts: 225
Lisloughrey is beautiful. Could not accommodate our numbers, but f it coukd have, I woukd have gone with there in a heartbeat. There is something really really nice about the place :)
mar12 Posts: 141
if its was me lisloughrey. I can pm you why if you want
corraig Posts: 3
Hello girls I would be interested in this also, I plan on having a look this weekend at both venues
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
[quote="newquin":1mgzh3pa]Hi We looked at both venues, would have loved to have gone with Lisloughrey but our numbers are too big for their function room :duh: . (Going with Knockranny, Westport). Food in Lisloughrey is v good & the grounds/ house interior are just fab for photos. If you do choose Cong id also recommend the grounds behind the church for photos, my friend got married in Cong last yr & has the most beautiful pics by the lake & old monks house etc. Hope this helps your decision!!!!![/quote:1mgzh3pa] Oh newquin, Knockranny is fab too :eek