Lit Review

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sonopotere Posts: 1124
anyone want to do mine for me??? O-O
nelly Posts: 1875
they can do mine first - 4000 words approx. thinking of doing it on WOL, social science so surely we could knock one out between us all!
hey, im social care!!! freaky! wats yours on?
Trillian Posts: 1685
Right so, give us the topics, we each add two lines and you'll be sorted. Can't promise it'll make any sense though.
are detention centres for children beneficial in the long term???
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Does your question pose the stance of detention centres in the present era, or since their existence?
present era
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
You will need to look at factors which lead to the reasons why they are in the detention centre in the first place. Look up recent government statistics for the number of children in detention centre in Ireland, nationally and internationally. Look at the treatment and management of children in detention centres. How does this affect their psychological and mental well being. What is the environment like, how are they supported/reviewed. How does parential separation affect them. How does it infringe on their human rights. Will it or does it lead to higher rates of crime, sucide later in life or does detention centres adequately prepare/support children to reform. It wold be worth while to mention Unicef and Amnesty International. I am waffling on now.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
My stomach actually churned when I saw the title of this topic! I remember Lit reviews and the horror there of so well. Good luck with them girls!
wex-girl Posts: 179
hi girls hope the lit reviews are goin well i so hate them...