Lobsided bump???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ellee Posts: 666
Hi wollies, I’ve been lying in bed in the mornings hoping to feel movement with my hand on my belly (no joy so far, I’m 19w+1 – move baby move! :o0 ) and I noticed that my bump is distinctly bigger on one side than the other. It’s as if the baby is lying diagonally across me with his head to the right of my belly button. Is this usual? Has anyone else noticed anything like that? Thanks :thnk
Duncelt Posts: 460
Sometimes my bump looks very lobsided also - I asked my consultant yesterday and he said its possibly the bum sticking out - when I push it (gently) - it goes away but comes back - its like a game tag with babs :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll - he also said it could be the head!!!
neeov Posts: 4256
This is a great site bout baby position http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/
jmeath Posts: 5740
[quote="Duncelt":3vmh5uk9]my consultant yesterday and he said its possibly the bum sticking out - when I push it (gently) - it goes away but comes back - its like a game tag with babs :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll - he also said it could be the head!!![/quote:3vmh5uk9] Awh that is so sweet! My sister was just curled up tehe whole time! She was 2 1/2 weeks early and she didnt stop un-curling when she slept for nearly a month! Sometimes she did when i held her!!! The nurse was able to show my mam at her 6 week check up what she had been kicking with (her knee)!!! She had a little kinda scar Oh im so excited for all of you, i can only imagine how amazing it is to have a little life you and h2b/dh/bf created! :o)ll
rubies Posts: 1375
I was completely lobsided. I was told it was okay too and baby was and is parfect. His head was a little, can't think of the word now, but flat on one side.
ellee Posts: 666
Thanks girls, that's a great relief! *)
spanish mum Posts: 2468
my bump is lopsided too. found out its because he is all on the right hand side, head at top, and back is down the rh side and feet at bottom.
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Mine is lopsided sometimes too, think it depends on where baby moves to. There's a bump to the left of my belly button sometimes that seems warmer than the rest ...don't know if it's a bum, presume it's too high to be a head. It's so cute though!