Lobster

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I've had lobster meat before, but only had my first whole lobster last week. While it was nice, I've had nicer crab claws TBH. I was a bit freaked out though, as it was served with the eggs :ooh Is this normal??
sun flowers Posts: 3421
Did you see the eggs, how do you know... oh jebus stomach turning (well for me anyways) I googled and found this.. not sure it helps... Which parts of a lobster can you eat? The majority of the lobsters meat is found in the tail and in the two front claws. Smaller amounts of meat can also be found in the legs and in some parts of the body. Parts which should not be eaten, are the shell, the sac behind the eyes, the black vein running through the tail and the green tomalley, although this is debatable, as some lobster eaters claim this to be the best part.
[quote="sun flowers":3qmzswvk][b:3qmzswvk]Did you see the eggs, how do you know[/b:3qmzswvk]... oh jebus stomach turning (well for me anyways) I googled and found this.. not sure it helps... Which parts of a lobster can you eat? The majority of the lobsters meat is found in the tail and in the two front claws. Smaller amounts of meat can also be found in the legs and in some parts of the body. Parts which should not be eaten, are the shell, the sac behind the eyes, the black vein running through the tail and the green tomalley, although this is debatable, as some lobster eaters claim this to be the best part.[/quote:3qmzswvk] Yep they were pretty hard to miss......about a spoonful of bright red tiny balls
newkid30 Posts: 2233
I LOVE lobster Mmmmmmmm when I was in Stockholm, we had a Lobster bisque cappucino, Man alive it was Heavenly, but REALLY HEavy!
[quote="Hokey Cokey":2v95zdak][quote="sun flowers":2v95zdak][b:2v95zdak]Did you see the eggs, how do you know[/b:2v95zdak]... oh jebus stomach turning (well for me anyways) I googled and found this.. not sure it helps... Which parts of a lobster can you eat? The majority of the lobsters meat is found in the tail and in the two front claws. Smaller amounts of meat can also be found in the legs and in some parts of the body. Parts which should not be eaten, are the shell, the sac behind the eyes, the black vein running through the tail and the green tomalley, although this is debatable, as some lobster eaters claim this to be the best part.[/quote:2v95zdak] Yep they were pretty hard to miss......about a spoonful of bright red tiny balls[/quote:2v95zdak] Caviar... for free....
So is it usual to get the eggs served with the lobster?
I dont know?????
[quote="sun flowers":2plb82qd]I dont know?????[/quote:2plb82qd] :o0 :o0 I kinda figured that.....either that or you were just holding out on me! Where are NZ, Token, Athas, Airy Fairy and the other foodies when I need them!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="Hokey Cokey":nnzrtm9c]So is it usual to get the eggs served with the lobster?[/quote:nnzrtm9c] No.
[quote="Hokey Cokey":3qt2hfpv][quote="sun flowers":3qt2hfpv]I dont know?????[/quote:3qt2hfpv] :o0 :o0 I kinda figured that.....either that or you were just holding out on me! Where are NZ, Token, Athas, Airy Fairy and the other foodies when I need them![/quote:3qt2hfpv] :o0 :o0 :eek :eek Oh Token says no!!!!!