We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lifestooshort Posts: 2312
HEY I've lost my log book and really scared of getting stopped for tax what can I do/??
workingmom Posts: 3429
You mean you've lost your ownership certificate for your car? if so, you need to call them in Shannon and let them know, They will send you a form, you fill in the details, get it signed and stamped at your local garda station send it off to them, and they'll issue you a new one.
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
who's them in shannon if you don't mind me asking?
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
The dept that looks after car tax
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
Thanks you need to download and rf134 form and just post it off
workingmom Posts: 3429
Ok, must have changed the procedure since I lost mine! sorry...
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Download an RF134, fill it out and send it to the tax office with a cheque or postal order for €12, thats how much it costs to get a duplicate. Shannon dont take money so you have to send it to your local tax office and they send it on to Shannon. You will also have to get the form signed at your local garda station.