lonely tonight

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Kitty Posts: 914
My h2b is away for the weekend and I'm really, really missing him. I hate being in the house on my own and going to bed when I know he won't be coming home tonight. I'm really freaked out tbh. So I've been sitting here trying not to cry and I feel like a big baby. :o( :o(
Trooper Posts: 2155
:action32 Poor you. Ring a friend or something. Make yourself a nice fattening snack and drink loads of tea.
I've just stuck the kettle on now so I might even have a jaffa cake! I'm just really upset and I know I'm being irrational. I've just always hated being in the house on my own so there is a lot of freaky thoughts going through my head.
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
You should order your favourite takeaway to be delivered some night, and go the whole hog - get loads!! And have a wee glass of vino and maybe a few dvd's that your H2B wouldn't want to watch. Having the house to yourself can be a good thing!! Make the most of it, and if you're lonely, there are loads of us on here to keep you company!!
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
ah i hate being home on my own as well, i always get freaked out with every little sound i hear, you should do what the others suggested, read a book or watch tv and take your mind off of it. hope you feel better!!
Thanx girls I really appreciate that. I'm feeling really sorry for myself tbh. My freaky thoughts are the usual that there is somebody in the house or that somebody is going to get in while I'm asleep etc. I just wind myself up so much that I just don't think straight if you know what I mean. I'm not living in the country I'm actually in an estate but I still get like this everytime I'm on my own in the house. I don't mind if I know h2b is coming home but as he isn't all rational has gone out the window. See now I'm rambling!!
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
i do the exact same!! i have to check everywhere in the house (under beds and all!) when i'm here on my own before i go to bed, and check all the doors and all are shut and locked before i go to bed....and then i normally leave the tv on if im on my own as well when i go to sleep....i am such a big wuss!! really try not to worry though!! sorry i know i'm probably no help whatsoever!!
Well at least I know I'm not the only one who feels like this! I don't feel like so much of a freak now. I'm trying not to think about things like that so much. I had to stop myself from calling my mil2b earlier and asking can I drive over and stay there!! I just know I can't keep going over there everytime I'm on my own so I just have to try and suck it up!! At least I have WOL though!!
mammybean Posts: 10364
I am totally the same. even if he is just out late i hear everything! eben the stuff that isnt there! I have to be awayf three nights this week and i actually worry about him!! Though he's more than delighted im sure to have the place to himself!
Thanx Moo 2! You're being so lovely! I don't actually have much news, I sitting here Wollying and half watching this really bad program on Livingtv2 called Daddy's spoilt little girl. She's in her 30's still living at home and Daddy buys her everything she wants. She now wants to move out but is insisting that Daddy buy her a mansion to move into!! Nice if you can get it! I have to say the guardian does look pretty crap! I'm dying to see that new movie with Matt Damon and Leonardo I think it's the Departed that looks brilliant.