LONG LASTING FOUNDATION FOR WEDDING DAY...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsPhelan2be Posts: 4
Hi.. Can anyone recommend a really good make-up foundation for combination (oily t-zone) skin that will last on the day of the wedding... I want something that will give me a matte finish but will last! Thanks! :thnk
boomboompow Posts: 122
I read Bobbi Brown was the best long lasting foundation in a wedding mag a while ago (dont ask me which one), I was out of my usual so I got some BB in Brown Thomas. TBH not that thrilled with it, think that ID Bare Minerals was way better and had much better durability. Found MAC Studio Fx very good too. As you can see I'm making my way through them :yelrotflmaosmilie: hth
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Armani Silk long lasting, AMAZING
shellsbride2b Posts: 57
Estee Lauder - double wear...brilliant to last & excellent for oily skin!
petersgirl Posts: 1568
I second Estee Lauder double wear. I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and it really does stay on all day!! I even went to the gym with it on, came home and was surprised it looked the same as it did before I went :o0 Quite scary actually, so I wouldn't be fussed on using everyday, but pretty sure it's what I'll be using for my wedding :)
MrsPhelan2be Posts: 4
Hi Guys, Thanks so much for your help with this one! I will try them all... I am so fussy as my skin can be a nitemare!!! Thanks again - Best of luck O-O
sugarkk Posts: 1384
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - at the make up counter in Clery's and Brown Thomas, I was told that the Double Wear doesn't photograph well (makes faces white!) and that the Light one was the best. Got a trial sample and have been using it. It does last very, very well - am really impressed. I would recommending getting samples from the counters - they are usually more than happy to give them if you don't have the time to sit and get your make up done with them.
Claire1983 Posts: 11
There are so many out there you really have to try samples because what suits others might not ness suit you! Don't forget the primer and finishing powder is just as important!! I love smash box primer! think im addicted actually :) best of luck
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="Claire1983":3fwr86gx]I love smash box primer! think im addicted actually :) best of luck[/quote:3fwr86gx] My make up artist also recommended smashbox primer
makeupaddict Posts: 592
I used YSL Teint Resist on my wedding day & it lasted so well & photographed brilliantly. its oil free & 14 hour staying power. It's their version of estee lauders double wear. Double Wear will be fine for natural light photographs but once the evening comes around & the flash is on, the make up doesn't show up nice.