Long/short BM dresses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sillysocks Posts: 1390
Just wondering how many people are going for long or short BM dresses? Not getting married until 2009 so won't be going shopping for them for a while but think I would like the short-ish length! Suppose it depends on the BMs as well and what looks nice! As well planning on getting married abroad so will be quite hot and probably not ideal for a full length dress.
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
I voted for long. I like both styles, I always thought i wanted short ones, but im not so sure now. It all will depend on the shape and style of your dress.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
i haven't voted yet but when i do it will be for long....as well as depending on the style/shape of your dresses it kind of depends on the size/shape of your BMs - ie if one is really willowy and tall and another one is short and self-conscious of her legs the short dresses might look a bit odd. All long dresses evens everything out and looks really well.
hope2 Posts: 106
:wv my BMs have short dresses It's what they all wanted & they are fab. Go for whatever makes them feel comfortable. Good luck
Ms A1 Posts: 173
I went for long. I just think that bridesmaids dresses should be long, it's more formal somehow. Just my opinion/preference
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
My bridesmaids dresses are short. *)
Angel! Posts: 1494
I like the idea of the short ones, but 3 of my BMs are around 5 foot nothing, so, in their own words, thy'd look like they were making their communion !!
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
I like long BM dresses too but I'll be going for short cos it's a summer wedding. :wv
shuvvy Posts: 126
I'm going for both!!! I prefer long (2 bridesmaids wearing long) but the other BM is wearing a short version. She doesn't have the shape for a long dress (I can say that cos she's my sister!!) and looks better in short dress. Because the material of dress is the same I don't think it will look too weird.
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
i voted for long.but it does depend on the BM.u cud av short and long depending on persons taste?