Looking for a good set of hot rollers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Persephone Posts: 928
Hi all, As the title suggests I'm looking for a good set of hot rollers. I have straight hair so am looking for a set that will give me a big curl and good volume. It would also be great if they didn't break the bank! Does anyone have a really food set that they love? Thanks in advance!
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
I have these (I actually have 2 sets, one in Dublin and one in Donegal) and find them very good. I don't use them much since I got my wand though. My hair has a curl in it already, well more of a frizz, but these gave me a nice curly-blow-dry look. You leave them in your hair til they've cooled, and they are easy to get out. Once I have them out, I give them a bit of a tousle with my hands, and spray the roots for some volume. It's also good to get a little back-combing brush, as they really lift your roots.[attachment=0:1utopenh]images.jpg[/attachment:1utopenh]
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I find the GHD great for stuff like that. Once you get the hang of it you can do all sorts of different stuff!! For curly curly hair I would use smaller sections of hair but for the curly blow dry look I would use larger sections. You tube is great for demos
Thanks ladies! Rocksie, they're pretty similar in style to the ones my hairdresser used on me today. Gonna look for them in town at the weekend. Scarlett, I think I have some kind of brain/mirror block when it comes to trying to curl my hair with a wand or GHD. I burn myself so frequently I'll end up in hospital soon! I love the really big curly look and I've never been able to recreate it with a wand or GHD. I've done the youtube tutorials and always end up looking like an Irish dancer! This is the look I'm going for: [img:w5gq0i8r]http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/1218-curls_bd.jpg[/img:w5gq0i8r] My hairdresser let me put in a few myself and I think I have the knack for it. Plus I won't need a bag of frozen peas handy :o0
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ah I know what you mean, took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and I think you kinda need to have the knack for hair. I can do all sorts to my own but cant do any body elses!! Thats a gorgeous picture if you can achieve that with the rollers I may invest my self!
[quote="ScarlettoHara":192x828w]Ah I know what you mean, took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and I think you kinda need to have the knack for hair. I can do all sorts to my own but cant do any body elses!! Thats a gorgeous picture if you can achieve that with the rollers I may invest my self![/quote:192x828w] I looked like that when I left the hairdressers so it is possible! But then I got rained on. Poo.
Rubix Posts: 692
[attachment=0:39aki49c]Screen shot 2011-09-22 at 19.41.44.png[/attachment:39aki49c] My favourite hairstyle......ever. I was in a shop recently and I tried on a curly hair piece. It clipped in under my hair and hey presto the curly blow dry effect in a few minutes. The lady pinned back half my hair and you would never have known. Im seriously considering investing, it would save the blow dries.
It's so pretty isn't it? My hair isn't a block colour. I have balayage similar to this throughout so a hairpiece wouldn't look good: [img:xssh3jxi]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o21dloubw_c/TQjZXrsNuDI/AAAAAAAAAIU/7Gh51JBnADk/s1600/Bilson+balayage.jpg[/img:xssh3jxi] However I say go for it if you love it in your hair! I've had hairpieces in the past and they're so handy!
Rubix Posts: 692
Oh I really like that look..the balayage. Im in serious need of some colour help. Ive got an unintentional balayage going on, Im trying to grow out a dark colour that doesn't suit me. Good luck with the rollers and the curly blow dry effect without the scars and pain!
Cowhands Posts: 564
Having a clear out at the moment, have some heated hair rollers I used once or twice, box is a bit battered but they are as good as new. They come with all the pins to keep the rollers in place and rollers are a range of different sizes to get different types of curls. I have very long hair and never get the time to curl my hair unfortunately, they could do with a new home with one thats going to use them. Looking for €25 and can post :wv