Menu

looks like I have to have c-section:(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

firefly78 Posts: 312
Hi was at the doc on tues and baby is breech, have to go for scan on mon and see doc again on tues to confirm but looks like I'll have to have a c-section. I know they are very common but I really don't want one. Any ideas on how I can get baby to turn please? :o(
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
HI firefly Awh try not to stress too much about it because baby could still turn on their own. My friend is due in 2 weeks and her baby is breech too, she was told to do the relaxation techniques where you totally relax and visualize baby turning with the head down. She will be checked again next week to see if she needs a section too. I was also reading a book where doctors can manually turn the baby after 38 weeks - will they try this for you?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I've heard you can try something called Moxa sticks I think? If you google them you might find someone who does them? Also, you could ask you consultant about turning the baby for you? Sometimes they go back, but sometimes they work. I've heard lots of people mention that bouncing on a gymball encourages the baby to go head down too. You could also try talking to the baby about moving into position. If you do have to have a section in the end, try not to stress (I know easier said...) I had one and was back to normal in the 6wks I was using as a recovery guide and now 7months later I'm totally back on track again. Best of luck,m.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Found this on another site too.... We learned a position in yoga where you get down on all fours like a frog with ur bum up in the air... its quite comfortable & aparently it confuses the baby which makes it turn into the correct "head down" position? Maybe look up this yoga position & have a go... could be worth a try???
Thanks girls will try anything at this stage. Have heard of the moxa sticks thing before alright, it's in the pregnancy book I have but also says to check with the doc first. Hopefully they will try and manually turn the baby, I heard it's uncomfortable but I'll try anything once! Thanks Mrs sunflowers, will try this yoga position also and see what happens
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Hi there At my antenatal class yesterday the midwife was saying to bounce on the ball if you have one and to spend fifteen minutes very night leaning forward on the ball on your knees-watch tele while you do it. I have also heard that washing the floor on your hands and knees works and something about climbing the stairs but not sure what way you are supposed to do it. Maybe its something u could look into? If all that fails you could ask the consultant to try for you? baby must be cosy where it is!
Thanks smurf, will have a look up some things on the net now and see what I can find. I'm trying to poke baby into moving! also trying begging and pleading and bribery already!
Catcher Posts: 81
Morning, Firstly, please try not to worry too much, it won't do either of you any good. There are a few things you can try to turn your baby: Moxa Sticks, as far as I know you burn them near your little toes! Bouncing on a yoga ball. Manual Turning Playing music or shining a light down below...apparently the baby will be drawn to it and move into the head down position. Keeping your lower body elevated to let gravity do it's thing. Personally the only thing I tried was bouncing on my yoga ball....It didn't work and I had a section a few weeks before my due date. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I was terrified but looking back now (4 months later) the worse part was getting the needle for the drip put into my hand! I know everyones recovery is different but I found taking arnica and getting up and about as soon as possible really helped. Best of luck and just think of the little bundle you'll be holding at the end no matter what type of delivery you have. :thnk
mammak Posts: 489
Hey my sis in law was breech with all 3 babies and used reflexology and accupuncture and all turned. Hope this helps. Even ring a few in your area and see if they can help.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Here is a website someone I know used - it has "baby spinning" exercises that are supposed to help turn the baby. But honestly if it doesn't work a section is not the worst thing that can happen by a long way. Mine was absolutely fine even though it was an emergency so if it's planned I'm sure it's a very calm experience. Best of luck - enjoy the spinning!