lost diamond from ring today :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

winterbride 09 Posts: 93
Hi Girls, Devastated today. Lost one of the diamonds from my ring. It wasn't the main stone but a bagette style (wafer thin) stone to the side of it. The ring was bought 2 years and two months ago in Dublin. Last December just before the wedding, it was left into them to clean and check, and today I noticed the stone was missing. Insurance doesn't cover it as I didn't specifiy loss of a diamond as opposed to losing entire ring. Do I have any come-back with the shop??????? :o(
Laila K Posts: 593
Dont know anything bout what cover you have but feel bad for you, thats awful!!!
one of each Posts: 1277
Oh im so sorry for you. My dimond chipped last year but by insurance company paid out after several months of back and forth. I had to pay an excess though.
Muse Posts: 1580
A freind of mine lost a small stone from her E.Ring a few months after getting it and the shop covered it after her DH pretty much told them they would. I guess it was maybe because it was within months, but yours is a longer time. I cant believe your Insurance Co. are being sticklers about the fact that yu lost a stone, rather than the whole ring >:o(
I know Muse, they're not helping the situation! I'm still waiting to hear back from the jeweller, he said it'll be Fri as he had to send it off to someone else in the company. The jeweller basically gave out today to me for not getting it checked every 6 months! However, this was after i told him his company had it 9months ago for a clean and check and at no stage either buying or cleaning last year did they mention that it was a 'high-risk' design, as he described it today. They are quite a famous Dublin jeweller who have been in the business for years, you'd imaging they would know that now was not the time to give out to me :o0 :weep :o0 :weep !!!! He said the end of the begette was cutting into the metal holdin git in place....surely this is a design flaw? All I can do it wait but I'm more stressed now than I was before the wedding! Thanks for all your support girls. :xox
Sounds like a design flaw to me. I hope you said that to him, if not I would. Let us know what happens.
dublinredhead Posts: 917
So sorry to hear about this....hope you get it sorted without too much trouble or cost. I too have lost diamonds from my e ring and its not a good feeling
Hi Girls! Well! What a week! As it turns out, I actually lost two diamonds from the ring! The jeweller got back to me and said they have thoroughly examined the ring....and I'm sure they have to try and get out of fixing it for free :o0 and as there is no indication of the ring being damaged, they said the only explanation is that the diamonds broke and fell out. They are going to replace the diamonds for free, and are charging us €100. I get the ring back in 6 weeks. I'm just relieved there is a resolution, but because they were so super nice to me today (a total reversal from Wednesday) I'm now suspicious that they think the diamonds were flawed or they tightened them too much in Dec! Hilarious! I'm now exhausted and going to tackle a bottle of wine! :o0 Girls, please check that all your rings are insured for 'all risks' otherwise the individual diamonds may not be insured for loss or repair. I don't want any of you to experience the week we've had :wv
WinterBride, that's great! I was wondering how you got on. I'm glad that they are sorting it out for you as it sounds like a flaw or a mistake of theirs. I must check my policy now after hearing all of that. O-O
shazza k Posts: 525
im glad u got it all sorted but you say they are fixing it for free but u stll have to pay €100. I would question why ur paying the 100 if there replacing the diamonds for you they are basically saying its there fault so why should you pay anything at all??