lost my christmas spirit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LabLady Posts: 4325
I have lost that luv n feelin. Think my home is under decorated (ie only have our tree). Doesnt feel like Christmas anymore, back garden is like a bomb hit it. DH decided to start the excavations for the foundations of his shed, in doing so taken half my garden, destroyed the dog run (ie broke the fence by accident and filled half of it with clay so the dogs are mostly indoors at the moment (only good point). Just doesnt feel much like Christmas. :(
pinki Posts: 127
I kind of feel the same. Not at home - the house is lovely and I'm delighted to have my shiney new H2B living with me finally. But here in work there is no atmosphere. Not one decoration. And I must say it's draining the mince pies out of me. To add to this due to the house move and the wedding we are stoney broke. So Santa's bag will be light this Christmas!!
Callalily Posts: 325
I can sympathise entirely. We have also just moved house (in october) and are having trouble selling our old flat - so stony broke and paying 2 mortgages at the mo. The move also means I don't go through the city any more on my way to work out in the sticks, so I've not been seeing any Christmas lights or music to put me in the mood! We did get a tree at the weekend and a few pressies, but I haven't even had time to wrap anything - you know how it is, everyone always wants to meet up "before Christmas" so I haven't had a night at home in ages, and when I do, all I want is to sleep! I think I need another month at least before I'm ready for it to be Christmas, if you know what I mean...
redwifey Posts: 2932
Know exactly how you are feeling MK, not feeling one bit Christmassy, will nearly be just as glad when it's all over. Though I suppose some of my feelings are because of our wedding 4 days after Christmas so that has taken some of the shine off it this year.
LabLady Posts: 4325
ah sure you have a great excuse! I dont want it to be over though! lol
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
totally the same doesnt feel like xmas at all, i wish it was over ba humbug
H2B works in a distribution centre for a supermarket chain and he was saying that they are way quieter this year then expected so i suppose most people are the same by the sounds of things.
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Not exactly in the christmas spirit either. I am just looking forward to January: new year, new start...and all that.
Definitely ET. The new year is a great opportunity to put closure on the year and move onto bigger and better things.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
[quote="Easy Tiger":377y5n0o]Not exactly in the christmas spirit either. I am just looking forward to January: new year, new start...and all that.[/quote:377y5n0o] so true ET looking forward to biddy adju to 07 and hoping 08 has better things in store