Lotions & potions for stretch marks??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poppyseed Posts: 513
Hi, Just wondering what people are using to try to minimise the appearance of stretch marks? I got Palmers Cocoa butter today but I find the smell a bit overpowering, it making me feel a bit sick!! I have bio oil too but just looking for more suggestions/recommendations. Thanks :wv
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Some people swear by the MamaMio Strech cream. I've been using E45 cream and the Cussons Bump cream from Boots. I got my first stretch mark this week :o(
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Poppyseed, I think I am going to try the bio oil...seems to be the most trusted!! Also think I will pick up a copy 'what to expect when you're expecting' ....have heard great things about it!! I wonder when the stretch marks will appear!
Thanks Dilin - will have a look out for the mamamio stuff! Thanks :wv Ohm - I have what to expect and it's great! Would highly recommend it for us first timers! ;o) I have some bio oil somewhere, will have to dig it out because the Palmers is too strong smelling for me.
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Oh poppyseed, going to buy it tomorrow..have a list !!
charliebear Posts: 29
Hi Poppyseed, I'm just using what you are Palmers Cocoa butter all over after shower and the I put bio oil on my bump before bed. I'm a first tmer as well so not talking from experience but both of these products have been recommended from friends who have used them. I've also been told that stretch marks are hereditary so regardl;ess of what creams you use if your mum got them you most likely will >:o( I'm choosing to ignore that for the time being lol :compress
Thanks Charlibear! I got some stretch marks during puberty so I know I'm predisposed to them! I just want to try to minimise them! Do you not find the smell of the cocoa butter very overpowering? It's sooooo sweet
Orlab2b Posts: 162
I'm very lucky only have stretch marks from puberty, I've had two kids n blessed with none , I used coco butter , n baby oil , but my mam never had any and she had 7 kids , so maybe I got her jeans , but both my sisters had one child n both got stretch marks so who knows ,
Onyx Posts: 45
Onyx Posts: 45