I am looking for a short and simple love quote or wedding quote to put on our favors, instead of our names etc....something like 'Life is not measured by the numner of breaths we take. But by the moments that take our breath away' or 'Love isnt about finding someone you can kive with, its about finding someone you cant live without'
Have you heard any beautiful quotes that would be suitable? Thanks
"It's better to have loved and lost then have never loved at all"
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be their world"
Here ya go it's long....
"A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
2. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin6. "Love is the beauty of the soul."
3. "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
4. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."
5. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
7. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
8. "Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."
9. "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
10. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
--Bliss and Cerney
11. "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks..."
12. "What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes..."
--Elizabeth Barret Browning
13. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
--Elizabeth Barrett Browning
14. "Take away love, and our earth is a tomb."
15. "But to see her was to love her, love but her, and love her forever."
16. "She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
17. "Like music on the waters is they sweet voice to me."
18. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
19. "You're nothing short of my everything."
20. "The only true gift is a portion of yourself."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. "Thou art to me a delicious torment."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. "Love distills desire upon the eyes, love brings bewitching grace into the heart."
23. "I love her and that's the beginning of everything."
--F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. "I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path."
25. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
26. "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
27. "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven."
28. "It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
29. "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
30. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
31. "... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."
32. "When you came, you were like red wine and honey, and the taste of you burnt my mouth with its sweetness."
33. "Make me immortal with a kiss."
34. "Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."
35. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart."
--Alphonse Marie de la Martine
36. "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
37. "We came by night to the Fortunate Isles, And lay like fish Under the net of our kisses."
38. "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain signing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive...Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
39. "In love there are two things: bodies and words."
--Joyce Carol Oates
40. "I become a waterwheel, turning and tasting you, as long as water moves."
41. "I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal."
42. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
43. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
44. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
45. "Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
46. "My heart is ever at your service."
47. "The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."
48. "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
49. "I am my beloved, and my beloved is me."
--Song of Solomon
50. "Her breath is like honey spiced with cloves, Her mouth delicious as a ripened mango."
51. "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."
52. "Love, till dawn sunder night from day with fire Dividing my delight and my desire..."
--A. C. Swinburne
53. "Love is friendship set on fire."
54. "Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again."
55. "Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile..."
56. "I see my fated stars in your eyes. They melt me like the sun does snow."
57. "The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart."
58. "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed."
59. "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand."
60. "If you love me only in my dreams, let me be asleep forever."
61. "Kiss me and you will see stars; love me and I will give them to you."
62. "Love is a dream that comes alive when we meet."
63. "The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a gaze."
64. "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essense."
--Vincent van Gogh
65. "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto."
--Lope de Vega
66. "Here are fruits, flowers, leaves, and branches, And here is my heart which beats only for you."
67. "When a heart finds another, what's a cloud more or less in the sky?"
--Wolf and Page
68. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
--Josiah G. Holland
69. "From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
70. "The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."
--Sir Hugh Walpole
71. "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love."
72. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
73. "The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable."
74. "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."
--Antoine De Saint-Exupery
75. "Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end."
--Germaine De Stael
76. "The life and love we create is the life and love we live."
77. "For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it."
78. "Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals."
79. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
80. "The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss."
81. "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."
82. "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
83. "Paradise is always where love dwells."
--Jean Paul F. Richter
84. "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."
--Honore de Balzac
85. "We are all born for love... it is the principle existence and it's only end."
86. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
87. "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
88. "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."
89. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
90. "So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life."
-- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
91. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire: In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
92. "She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
93. "....A simple I love you means more than money...."
94. "How delicious is the winning of a kiss at love's beginning."
95. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love."
96. "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
97. "Come, let us make love deathless."
98. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
--Henry David Thoreau
99. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
--Alfred Lord Tennyson
100. "All love is sweet, given or returned."
--Percy Bysshe Shelley
This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
My whole working philosophy is that the only stable happiness for mankind is that it shall live married in blessed union to woman-kind --intimacy, physical and psychical between a man and his wife. I wish to add that my state of bliss is by no means perfect.
All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult.
Love is blind -- marriage is the eye-opener.
If a relationship is to evolve, it must go through a series of endings.
A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.
Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.
Louis K. Anspacher
He believes that marriage and a career don't mix. So after the wedding he plans to quit his job.
Marriage is more than four bare legs in a bed.
Like everything which is not the involuntary result of fleeting emotion but the creation of time and will, any marriage, happy or unhappy, is infinitely more interesting than any romance, however passionate.
W. H. Auden
Be tolerant of the human race. Your whole family belongs to it -- and some of your spouse's family does too
The best part of married life is the fights. The rests is merely so.
The most happy marriage I can imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
A woman must be a genius to create a good husband.
Heres some more and the link....
Thanks for those littlemittens...there are some I will use in in mass booklet!!!!
Anyone else have any?!!!
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and to be loved in return
The quote we have used on all our stationary is
"Today I'm going to marry my best friend....!
Because we are best friends.....arrhhhh!
Ours was "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be".