Menu

Lovely Surprise !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ferdi Posts: 704
Morning Ladies, all excited here. Had another scan this morning and could see our little "fraggle". Talk about being active and stubborn at the same time. The gyna wanted to do some measurements but no our baby was having none of it and was cuddled into a corner. Eventually baby started to stretch and low and behold showed us in all its glory that we are expecting a BOY ! There was just no mistaking it. :o0 :o0 Unfortunately DH wasn't there but made me tell him on the phone afterwards. He's delighted and is probably at this moment mapping out a sports career for "fraggle". Have to say that we did want it to be a surprise but said should I by chance see then DH wanted to know too. The gyna said she hadn't had such a clear view at this stage before and obviously baby wanted us to know. :o0 Well thought I'd share that - by the trend here on WOL girls in Dec, boys in Jan we fit right in ! Have a good day.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Ah congratulations missus all the best and mind yourself for the next few months x
Sphynx Posts: 6795
oh wow! What a great surprise! You must be thrilled! So are you going to call your little Fraggle Gobo or Mokey now you know it's a boy? (sorry, was a big fan of Fraggle Rock :-8 ) :o0
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Awwww that's so sweet and cute, like he was saying Look at meeeee :o0 I can't wait for my first scan at 13 weeks, I know little one will still be tiny but I'm hoping to see something and just to get assurance that things are going okay.
DublinGal Posts: 151
Ah ferdi that great news, you must have been squeeling with excitement when you saw his little willy. How cute. Congrats.
Dreamster Posts: 6620
[quote="DublinGal":2fr93vhc]Ah ferdi that great news, you must have been squeeling with excitement when you saw his little willy. How cute. Congrats.[/quote:2fr93vhc] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Aw that is great news - what a story for his wedding!!!!
Service Finder
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Congratulations, I have my first scan tomorrow feeling really nervous but reading this put a smile on my face! Cheers & congratulations again! Any names picked yet? Lucy :o)ll
Ferdi Posts: 704
Thanks ladies, had absolutely no clue, although my DH said from the start it would be a boy and my sisters also refer to baby as their nephew. Well they were all right. Mrs Lucy - We haven't thought about names to be honest. I suppose it's about time really - am married to a German and living here in Germany so only requirement is that the name is pronounced the same in English and German. At least now we don't have to paint the spare room (which will be baby's room) as it's already blue :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I understand what you mean about the scans and being nervous - I'm considered a high risk pregnancy here as I have Lupus (weak immune system - thankfully not active) and I have to be monitored regulary as the antibodies I have could affect the babies heart development. In the 22nd week we have an appointment where a major ultrasound on baby will be done to check out the heart and I think until that's overwith I won't be able to relax. Fortunately only 2% of babies are affected so hopefully all will be fine. But enjoy the scans - it's such an amazing thing when you see this little one and it's heart beating - it really is a wonder ! Black Cat - think I'll stick to Fraggle - and hope that we soon settle on a "proper" name!
jen2 Posts: 3106
Oh thats brill news, you mist be thrilled.
luigi Posts: 867
Congratulations! Little boys rock! Here's to a bouncing baby boy! :hic