Low lying placenta

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittens Posts: 38
Hi ladies, At my 20 week scan the radiographer said I had a low lying placenta. Has anyone else had this and it has moved up later in pregnancy? I really hope mine does move, as I would feel I'd miss out if I had to have a c section and didn't get the opportunity to have a vaginal delivery. Maybe I won't be saying that after I have the baby! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Hi kittens my placenta had moved by the 34 scan and I went on to have a natural delivery. Apparently it's fairly common for the placenta to move- fingers crossed for you!
Dee78 Posts: 263
Hi Kittens My placenta was low lying at 20 weeks too and they booked me in for another scan to check it at 34 weeks. I was in with my consultant and he did a little scan at 27 weeks and it had moved up so he told me it was fine and to cancel the 34 week scan. It's very common and does move up in most cases apparently as the uterus stretches. Best of luck with everything :wv
Chica1 Posts: 793
Was told at my 18 wk scan that I had one. Having another scan on Monday so fingers crossed that it will be gone as would prefer not to have c section.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I was told at my 20 week scan I had this. My doctor does a mini scan at each appointment and at the last one she said it has moved up and i should have no problems, but still getting a rescan at 34 weeks to be certain.
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
I was told this at 32 week scan, and was scanned regularly to check it after that. As the uterus stretches, the placenta usually stratches upwards with it. Mine moved up and had a natural delivery. Have a good few friends who were told this too, and sure enough, it moved up too. It's very common, and hopefully yours will too.
little squishy Posts: 559
Hi I was told I had this too last week consultant said when I have my anomaly scan in two weeks time that they will tell me this too and not to be alarmed as it will most likely move upwards, but said that I will prob have another scan at 34 weeks to be sure
Mamabelle2011 Posts: 363
Had the same at 20 week scan but it had moved by 28 week scan, really common, lots of my friends had same & none had a section (because of this anyway) :)
Beedy Posts: 112
I had it at 18 week scan and had 33 week scan this morning and it has moved, seems to be very common, hope all goes well
Diamontee Posts: 675
When i was pregnant with DD, I had one at 20weeks at the 30 week scan it had moved but DD was then breech so still needed up with a section! Seems fairly common though!!