Lower back pain at 9 weeks - bit worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*Muffin* Posts: 7243
Hi, I'm 9 and a half weeks. I miscarried before at this stage a few years ago, so I've been incredibly paranoid this time round. I've a throbbing pain in my lower back, it started when I was hanging out some washing this evening. I'm afraid to take any panadol because I don't want to disguise anything iykwim. There is no spotting at all, and Ive had lots of cramps and shooting pains in the last few weeks that have all just been part and parcel of early pregnancy, but I'm just a wee bit worried about this. Has anyone any experience or advice by any chance
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi Muffin I got this a lot at the start, it was a sort of dull ache in my back and same as you I was quite worried but as long as you don't have any bleeding and the pain doesn't become constant then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If your still concerned ring your doctor this morning and they should be able to put your mind at rest or maybe push them for an early scan as it's understanable why you would be nervous this time around HTH :wv
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi I got this a lot at the start too It sounds normal enough. I agree with Dovedro if your anxious about it due to your history I would get an early scan just to put your mind at ease. I can only imagine how anxious you are
Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi Muffin Hope the pains have eased? I am at the same stage as you and I am having pains that I can only describe as AF pains, I'm not taking pain killers either but they are pretty much every day at some stage - esp this last week. If you are not spotting this is a good sign, but if it persists or gets worse maybe ring your docs. *)
Barbalou Posts: 1617
Hey Muffin try not to worry it's a very natural part of being pregnant although I do understand your concerns and upset, been there and done that myself. But for the moment this might help http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/s ... kache.aspx
mammybean Posts: 10364
hey muffin first of :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll i didnt know you were expecting. congrats second, i think after having a loss before its hard not to be worried, i know i am a paranoid freak. but the back thing sounds normal enough os please dont worry too much. do they have you booked for an early scan?
Thanks so much ladies, was brickingit last night. I rang the VHI nurseline and she said that I should ring Holles St. Holles St took 25 mins to answer the phone :ooh But I spoke to a lovely nurse, and she said the same as the good advice you've all given me. She said so long as there is no spotting and the pain doesn't worsen, I should be ok. Pain is still there. On the plus side, my husband said he'll hang out any washing in future :-8
mammybean Posts: 10364
muffin you didnt happen to get married as well when i was on my sabatical did ya?
[quote="Mammy Bean":1kj3zwua]muffin you didnt happen to get married as well when i was on my sabatical did ya?[/quote:1kj3zwua] I did *) I found out I was expecting two days after the wedding :-8 Thanks for your help Beanies.
dovedro Posts: 1295
[quote="*Muffin*":1i7kmvyx]Thanks so much ladies, was brickingit last night. I rang the VHI nurseline and she said that I should ring Holles St. Holles St took 25 mins to answer the phone :ooh But I spoke to a lovely nurse, and she said the same as the good advice you've all given me. She said so long as there is no spotting and the pain doesn't worsen, I should be ok. Pain is still there. On the plus side, my husband said he'll hang out any washing in future :-8[/quote:1i7kmvyx] That's great Muffin, just take it easy for the next while Tell hubby to do a spot of hoovering too while he's at it :o0