lucozade safe?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweetmum Posts: 2146
hi girls just wondering if anyone knows if lucozade is safe to drink when pregnant?i drink it some mornings just to wake up as im so wrecked! Should i cut it out?
Cherry Cola Posts: 9
As far as I know it is. They gave me lucozade to drink when having my glucose test here in the maternity in Limerick. Although as with everything else the occassional drop would be alright but I'd say it's pretty high in sugar so you wouldn't want to drink too much.
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
I drank it all through out my last pregnancy, afaik its ok to drink .
Bof Posts: 35
My sister in law is pregnant and was told by the doctor during the week to drink lucozade sport as she was dehydrated.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
You've given me a longing for Lucozade. I'm knackered today having had little sleep the last 2 nights with DD being sick. Could definitely do with a perk-me-up
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
Thanks girls.rocket queen its great for perking you up.hope you get a chance of having some today.
kala Posts: 1937
i drank it in both pregnancies- found it great to get a bit of movement if babs wass having a quiet day
Piggle Posts: 1770
My aunt told me she got cravings for lucozade on one of her pregnancies and it made her put on three stone :eek :eek :eek
Mammy rigomad Posts: 958
I drank it by the bucket load when i was pregnant!It had to be the orange one though or nothing!Had really bad cravings for oranges!!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
I always thought you weren't supposed to have it so cut my bottle per day habbit to one per week >:o( grrr i'd have drank it by the bucket if I knew it was ok! Dont know why I thought you weren't supposed to!