Lucy's nine month check up, my poor baba!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Baby cakes Posts: 1237
Girlies, I brought my girl Lucy for her nine month developmental check up today and everything went grand, her hearing test, weight, head centinel etc. O:o) BUT, public health nurse told me that she is concerned about a little turn in her right eye, have I to bring her to an optomitrist, she told me there was a nine month waiting list for public in Mullingar and check this out 18 month waiting list in Dublin :eek . But as I have vivas I get get her in next thurs when i rang the private hospital today :o)ll . Also she is worried about her hips. I had click hip when I was a baby and was in 6 nappies constantly for about 8 weeks. My cousin was in a cast for 6 months. When Lucy was 4 months I had to bring her for an xray, and they told me that everything was ok, but now again she thinks something is a miss. :o( App, when you bring the babys legs straight down together, you can see the rolls of fat on their little legs, the lines are meant to meet in a v, but lucys dont, one is higher that the other iukwim. The poor pet will have to have op's on hips or the eye, now i know this is worse case senario and probaly more than likley wont happen, I dont think anything is wrong as she is crawling, pulling herself up and mam said I would know more or less straight away,. I dont think anything is wrong with her eye either, but aaaahhhh, my baby having to go through pulling and prodding.aaaahhhh thx for lsitening O:o) :wv
twinssep Posts: 1242
ah the poor pet i amsure she will be grand clio but ur heart goes out to them good thing u have ins thats terrible waiting list best of luck :xox
Ah thats the thing twinsep, I know nothing is wrong and she is so happy and such a funny little thing and they will be pulling and prodding her and she wont know whats going on, ahhh. Im sure she will be fine. Isnt it a disgrace though, that just because I can afford to pay for hershe gets seen to straight away. :eek There should be free care to children under 5.
luigi Posts: 867
awwww poor you! I think mummies find the poking and prodding worse than the babies do. Louise
twinssep Posts: 1242
i completly agree with u when i lived in the uk never had to pay for doc or even go on a waiting list its madness. my little boy has aslight turn too i think its possibly due to being so premature but my little cousin has glasses since he was 1and they r soooooo cute on him keep us posted on how she gets on by the way lucy is a lovely name :wv
she's perfect [img]http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cshl99/detail?.dir=9098re2&.dnm=8e3are2.jpg&.src=ph[img][/img]
i cant post pics O:|
ginger nut Posts: 5989
i hope she getgs through all her dcotors appointments ok clio. Lucy is a lovley name for a baby - it's on my list of names if i ever have a daughter. fingers crossed for your wee dote.
[img:1adsk4ke]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/clio99/8e3are2-1.jpg[/img:1adsk4ke] Here's my perfect baba number 2. My girl :wv
luigi Posts: 867
She's gorgeous! H2B just walked past my comp and said that she was lovely too!