Luke Ming Flanagan - a breath of fresh air?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
Yeah., I know he's been round a while now to be called "fresh" but I can't help but have a lot of respect for this man. A politician who tells the truth. People calling for his resignation after he revealed he took class A drugs (as if we didn't know...) I can't understand it. If all politicians were as honest as Luke Flanagan I reckon we'd be doing a hell of a lot better.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I definitely feel I can trust him. However, I don't think I'd like the whole Dail to be full of Ming Flanagans...
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Ming is a great man, pitty we dont have more like him in there!!
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
So they want Ming out for a transgression in his personal life that only effects him, but Mick Wallace can stay where he is after doing the state out of millions? I don't think so....
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
I think he's a disgrace, wouldn't trust him as far as I could through him. He's an embarrassment sitting in the dail in his wooly jumpers, he has zero respect for his position. Just after the money. I heard this morning that 4 TDs are seeking a court injunction to stop the bank deal the government secured. 3 of them are ming Flanagan, mick Wallace and Claire daly. I don't think there's anything more that needs to be said.
mrs2boys Posts: 245
He is an absolute idiot. I for one have a major problem with drug taking and feel that he is giving out totally the wrong message, as if its okay to do drugs. That drives me mad, also, he has said he will cut turf this year, the reason they need to stop is to prevent the bogs disappearing, out cutting turf in the dead of night with local farmers he seems to just do things to spite the government. He has had a fine time of it in politics, just like the rest of them, make no mistake
Joe Duffy Posts: 36
Stay on the line, caller. Nora in Balbriggan, you also think Ming is giving knitting a bad name. What do you believe is the alternative? Sheila here is calling for a march to the Dail to protest against the blatant abuse of Argyl cotton mix. What about confronting him with knitting needles rather than pitchforks? Back in a second, I need to take an ad break.
lulu126 Posts: 1095
[quote="mrs2boys":3bgbsi0o]He is an absolute idiot. I for one have a major problem with drug taking and feel that he is giving out totally the wrong message, as if its okay to do drugs. [/quote:3bgbsi0o] +1. The moron even wants to have the cannabis debate despite people in his constituency being anti him doing so. Does he know that he's there to represent the constituents and not his own agenda? His comments about the gardai were also so insensitive at a time when morale in the force is so low and when they were in mourning for their colleague. He'd want to cop himself on. [quote="MrsMtoB":3bgbsi0o]I think he's a disgrace, wouldn't trust him as far as I could through him. He's an embarrassment sitting in the dail in his wooly jumpers, he has zero respect for his position. Just after the money..[/quote:3bgbsi0o] Couldn't agree more. At least have some respect for the people you're representing by showing that you want to take the job seriously.
Positiveya Posts: 398
I do think he is a breath of fresh air and he holds one major card over most of the other ejects in the Dail and that is HONESTY!! I don't agree with OP that he is only in it for the money, what are the rest of them in it for????? I don't care what he looks like, I think it is good to have a bit of diversity in the Dail. Back to you Joe.........
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
[quote="Positiveya":1vvp1utd]I do think he is a breath of fresh air and he holds one major card over most of the other ejects in the Dail and that is HONESTY!! I don't agree with OP that he is only in it for the money, what are the rest of them in it for????? I don't care what he looks like, I think it is good to have a bit of diversity in the Dail. Back to you Joe.........[/quote:1vvp1utd] Honesty? He takes illegal drugs and encourages others to break turf cutting laws, what's honest about that?