Lyrath Hotel in Kilkenny

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gucci2000 Posts: 13
We are seriously thinking of have the recp at the Lyrath in Kilkenny. Can anyone tell me is it worth the extra money?
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Yup I can honestly say I found the Lyrath fantastic when we were there.... it wasn't a wedding but as good as...... it was a conference for work so the whole dinner and dancing etc.... The food was second to non and the staff were fantastic..... oh and the rooms so sooooo comfy aswell.... if you can afford it go for it my friend :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
there have been a few threads on this topic, which should save you waiting for replies... if you type in "lyrath" into the search box on the top of the page, you will get a load of threads on it.. heres some... http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... p?t=192010 http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... p?t=178794 http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... p?t=177156 good luck...
Sharon2010! Posts: 64
We have nearly decided to use the Lyrath for sept 2010 - its only a small wedding thou but I would still expect it to be five star. Have been a few times lately and still really like it.
bubblesjenny Posts: 655
Im an Aug 09 Lyrath Bride. Would definitly reccomend it. Its a fab location,Fab service everything about the place is Fab...though H2b wasnt impressed today..he was watching My Super Sweet 16 on MTV and some lil rich irish girl had her party there now H2B wonders is it Chav?
evalena Posts: 1130
This may not help as I've not been to a wedding here but stayed in it as a guest for a couple of days on a spa package. I found it was very mediocre based on the fact that it's supposed to be a five star hotel and the price we paid. Nice setting but very sloppy service. Wouldn't be my choice for a wedding - I'd prefer somewhere more intimate and with a personal touch.
bubblesjenny Posts: 655
[quote="evalena":dmpzq9m1]This may not help as I've not been to a wedding here but stayed in it as a guest for a couple of days on a spa package. I found it was very mediocre based on the fact that it's supposed to be a five star hotel and the price we paid. Nice setting but very sloppy service. Wouldn't be my choice for a wedding - I'd prefer somewhere more intimate and with a personal touch.[/quote:dmpzq9m1] Evalena how long ago was it since you were there? I completly disagree with the above that said Im biased as Im having my wedding there
evalena Posts: 1130
[quote="bubblesjenny":1wqb8cqp][quote="evalena":1wqb8cqp]This may not help as I've not been to a wedding here but stayed in it as a guest for a couple of days on a spa package. I found it was very mediocre based on the fact that it's supposed to be a five star hotel and the price we paid. Nice setting but very sloppy service. Wouldn't be my choice for a wedding - I'd prefer somewhere more intimate and with a personal touch.[/quote:1wqb8cqp] Evalena how long ago was it since you were there? I completly disagree with the above that said Im biased as Im having my wedding there[/quote:1wqb8cqp] This was summer 2008 - sorry but it was the experience I had there and I appreciate not everyone has had the same experience as me. I did think it was a lovely setting and the facilities are great but the service and attitude me and my 5 friends all experienced was poor. I'm not making it up! As I said it's not feedback on a wedding I attended but I'll not be rushing back.
Botty Posts: 35
HI, have replied on another thread as it's my Sis's Wedding there this year and I love it! So beautiful and I have been to two Weddings here and both were very different but both great...I have to say...Food and service amazing and Sis Happy so we are all Happy!! Believe me she is fussy! Not too expensive eiher for a 5 Star!
BigBump Posts: 17
Hi Gucci2000 My advise would be to go for it!! We are getting married there in July 2010 and they couldn't have been nicer to deal with....fabulous venue, food and the staff are super....we were there 3 times before we booked and each time the staff were super helpful...It is more expensive than other venues but well worth it in my opinion....