M&S Wedding Stationery CD-ROMS.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

im waiting Posts: 2727
Anyone ever use them? At this stage I dont care what my invitations look like just once their nice and professional looking for the right price. Im not sure if their is alot of DIYing with these kits or even if they're easy to use but they are very reasonably priced I'm hoping someone can fill me in on the above :thnk
nataliew Posts: 223
Hi Im waiting, i bought the M&S invites and it comes with the cd rom, to be honest we have not used it for the day time invites as it only has the wording Mr & Mrs x would like to invite you to the wedding of their daughter x to x, or something like that we wanted to have it as me and him inviting people. We may use them for the evening invites though. we got some examples of what way to word things on the Lantz website so to be honest you may be best to use this and then just lay it out yourself in Word, i am not great on a computer but i could manage it so give it a try anyway!! good luck with it either way O-O
MrsO2010 Posts: 18
I got these invites too. They worked out really cheap for day,rsvp and thank you. We are not having evening invites as getting married down the country. I designed my layout for the day invitation in The Order of Service design section. As the previous poster said they only have set wording for the Day invitation.If you have the cd that will make sense! They were really easy to make. Mine came with gold cord but I left it off as fiddly when putting into the envelope. I just used pritt stick to glue the insert to the back of the outer card. Don't glue to both sides as the insert will tear when the glue dries. Sorry for the essay!
nataliew Posts: 223
Hiya, oh i never thought of that!! oops!! our invites sound a little diff than yours, ours come ready to go just to put in the insert. were cheap also though and we got day ones (well they are actually order of day cards but i didnt know that until i went to do them but they look fine! ) evening invites and the rsvp, enough for about 100 and was very cheap.
me-ach Posts: 83
They have a free one that you can download online also http://www.marksandspencer.com/Wedding- ... b/55259031 There is a link in the middle of the page on the left
This Little Piggy Posts: 238
I got the m&s invitations too and they are really lovely for the price! You get the cd free when you spend over €10 on invitations too, make sure you actually get it for free as they charged me for it so I just went back to customer services :o0 I have the same problem as the other posters with the cd so I have made up a template in the 'order of service' section. [quote="MrsO2010":3dfh9c7h]I got these invites too. They worked out really cheap for day,rsvp and thank you. We are not having evening invites as getting married down the country. I designed my layout for the day invitation in The Order of Service design section. As the previous poster said they only have set wording for the Day invitation.If you have the cd that will make sense! They were really easy to make. Mine came with gold cord but I left it off as fiddly when putting into the envelope. I just used pritt stick to glue the insert to the back of the outer card. Don't glue to both sides as the insert will tear when the glue dries. Sorry for the essay![/quote:3dfh9c7h] MrsO2010 can I ask if your invitations were smaller than the order of service template- if so, did you have to change the settings as you printed them? My invitations are smaller than the order of service template so I'm just wondering how to go about printing them!
MrsO2010 Posts: 18
I had the same problem when I printed the invitations the writing was tiny. So what I did was I enlarged the font a lot, it looked like it would not print on one page but it did. It was a bit of trial and error to be honest. I hope that makes sense. Good luck with your invitation making.
This Little Piggy Posts: 238
Thanks a million MrsO :thnk