!'m worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Corks Posts: 355
that babs is not getting enough nutrients for development. I have been quite sick now for 4/5 days and can only manage to nibble on the blandest of foods, like crackers. I just can't manage to sit in front of anyplate of food at all, even veg. Yesterday I cooked a lovely roast dinner and was really looking forward to it until I sat down and could gave gagged on the plate. Cooking and the smell of food doesnt bother me at all, just when I actually sit down to it. I am quite concerned now that babs is not getting enough.......It's upsetting me. I also get waves of sickness on and off which are very bad but cant seem to vomit to ease the upset.... Any reassurance for me?
mammybean Posts: 10364
go to your gp corks, he can give you something to ease the nausea and then you will be able to eat. explain how worried you are. also you could try drinking those vie drinks, at east there will be some fruit and veg and there is very little in the bottles.
Jenny0305 Posts: 845
Corks I wouldn't worry, I believe your baby will take all the nutrients it needs from you, so you will be the one who will lose out not the baby, lots of people go the first few months not being able to eat properly so really I wouldn't worry your baby I am sure is happily oblivious to the fact that it's mum is not feeling the best!
blushing b2b Posts: 288
i agree with jenny - baby gets its nutrients from you - not directly from food you eat. Because of morning sickness in first 3 months dont think you have to watch your diet too much as long as you are eating something - so while a good diet is important if you end up eating a not so good diet (like i did) you and baby should be fine if you are still worried ring a midwife at local hospital for reassurance
Mrs March Posts: 175
Hi there, I didn't eat fruit or veg for about 4 weeks weeks 6-10. I started taking Pregnacare at week 8/9. My GP said not to worry, as long as I was taking in enough fluids. It did make me susceptible to infections though - got 2 stomach bugs and a bad cold so maybe start taking the Pregnacare earlier than I did if your GP agrees. I really found dinners very hard to cope with - I was okay snacking and nibbling for the other times of the day but I never knew what I wanted. I'm still fussy now and can't eat things like mince for some reason. Don't worry about the baby though, it will be fine.
so_clear Posts: 397
You'll be fine Corks, don't worry. I know a girl who was sick for the whole 9 months on her 3 kids and they're perfect, so don't worry - I'm sure our bods are able to compensate! All the best :wv
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I wouldn't worry, I have a freind who was really sick for the first 5 months of her pregnancy, so much so that she lost a lot of weight instead of putting any on. When baba arrived, he was half reared, I swear to God he could nearly hold his head up himself!!!
Corks Posts: 355
Ah thanks, I feel a lot better now.........well as regards worry that is, not as regards my MS (or All day sickness!) :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hey Corks - god love you but don't worry about the baby at all! They are tough little nuts after all! I had food poisoning in the middle of the first trimester and could keep no food down for 5 days (seriously, nothing at all) and I lost half a stone. The doctors said it didn't matter once the baby was kept hydrated - so make sure you are drinking loads of fluids (even 7-up counts). And keep taking your folic acid. At this stage of the pregnancy the baby is developing rather than putting on weight so it doesn't need loads of food. It's on in the last week or so that my appetite has increased at all, so I'm taking that as a sign that more food is needed. Take care!