magazine prices

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justforfunsies Posts: 2502
has anyone else noticed prices in easons have gone up a ridiculous amount in the past couple of weeks?? I normally buy a magazine to read on my lunch break (albeit they are normally the really trashy ones) and some have gone up something like two euro in the space of a week. At first I just thought it was one particular magazine but today I got the national enquirer (I know, I know) and its gone up a euro as well!! Has anyone else noticed this or am I just being ripped off by local newsagent? I know its not huge amounts of money or anything but I just thought this was a serious increase!! even asked the girl in the newsagents was the price correct, and she seemed amazed that it had gone up so much. anyhoo was just wondering...
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I had noticed alright that some of the mags had gone up recently, bella, best,woman, womans own, etc all used to cost about €1.22 but now are selling for €1.36 or so, even though the sterling price is still the same :twisted:
What I thought was really ridiculous was the increase on Heat magazine...was something like €2.65 last week, and is now over €4.00. thats a big mark up.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I think the OK one is ridiculous and I have to force myself to buy it,NOW is just as bad....good job I dont buy them alot
Joleigh Posts: 4242
OK is now €4. Is a total rip off. I keep saying I'm gonna stop buying them and just buy the monthy cosmo...but then some really skinny/fat/bad hair day celeb is on the front and it just reels me in and I have to buy it. Did you notice how OK always fool you into buying it by saying eg: Angie and Brad tie the knot, and it has lookalikes at a pretend wedding. I really have to stop buying it, esp when Jordan or Kerry Katona are on the front. If I'm gonna spend the guts of a fiver I want to see some real celebs!
[quote:2nylphn6]What I thought was really ridiculous was the increase on Heat magazine...was something like €2.65 last week, and is now over €4.00. thats a big mark up.[/quote:2nylphn6] Bloody hell, that is some increase. How do they justify increasing the prices by so much. Is there anyone we can complain too
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Did you ever notice the difference between the UK prices and ours? Even with the sterling accounted for we are being ripped off!
[quote:2i41c9bn]Did you ever notice the difference between the UK prices and ours? Even with the sterling accounted for we are being ripped off![/quote:2i41c9bn] When I went to Newry just before Christmas ended up buying a load of mags in easons in the Buttercrane and even with the sterling still saved a fortune, one example Reveal £ 1 sterling and with exchange it cost roughly €1.42 and to buy it in Dublin would cost €1.78 approx
[quote:27lncswi]Did you ever notice the difference between the UK prices and ours? Even with the sterling accounted for we are being ripped off![/quote:27lncswi] Yeah i've noticed that too but just always figured that was shipping costs maybe??
[quote:25kzbw35]Bloody hell, that is some increase. How do they justify increasing the prices by so much. Is there anyone we can complain too[/quote:25kzbw35] I actually did complain(well in a nice way) to the girl in the newsagents...she double checked the price but turns out it was right seemingly....thats Easons so i'd imagine that their prices are the same all over ireland wouldn't they?