Magic Knickers - What size?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
Hi Girls, Am going to get some Magic Knickers in M&S but I'm just wondering what size to buy. I'm size 14 so do I buy a size 14? I was in M&S lastnight and the 14 looked very small. Don't want to have muffin top iykwim :o0
smittenb2b Posts: 675
You know I have always bought them in my size and gotten the muffin top so I have given up on trying them. It only makes sense to buy your size to me but you might be right going up a size might stop the muffin top but then would it have the same effect on the tummy?
PixieMom Posts: 838
Wear a pair of regular knickers going in to M&S and try the magic knickers on over them - you really need to try those things on cos if they are too tight or too loose they won't have the desired effect!
smittenb2b Posts: 675
I didn't think you were allowed try on knickers?? Do people try on knickers in shops? This is freaking me out a bit now to think I bought knickers and someone else tried them on, with or without their own knickers. Am I being ridiculous? In a perfect world fair enough, but really do people do this? Is it allowed?
PixieMom Posts: 838
People definitely try knickers on in shops but I'd always wash new knickers I buy before I'd wear them...you just never know!!!
moobear Posts: 1126
I know in some shops they have the different sizes for you to try on but they give you a new magic nickers when you are buying them. This is the way it is in BT's - you get to try it for size - just to make sure that it is ok & then when you are happy they will give you a brand new one I guess this means that there are no returns as you have tried them on for size - naturally you leave your own nickers while trying them on
Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
Yeah, I was wondering whether I could try them on or not. Obviously would have my own knickers on but still wasn't sure whether it was ok to do that. If they were a tenner I'd take a risk on it but the ones I was looking at were 50 euro so I didn't want to take the risk. Will go back tonight and have another look. Thanks Girls!