main course and desserts opinion!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cora11 Posts: 348
Hi Girls We are thinking about our menu now which of the following would you choose We are definitly having fillet of beef but cant choose between Sea bass or lemon sole for our second choice!! Also for dessert cant choose between -chocolate fondant with ice-cream -pear bakewell with ice-cream -apple and berry crumble with ice-cream We want to go with a full dessert and dont really want to go down the road of the trio!!! Any opinions will be appreciated!!!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
What time of year is your wedding? I'd prefer lemon sole to sea bass and dessert would depend on time of year. I think chocolate fondant is a lovely warm winter dessert and the other two are a bit more summery maybe?
Thanks happy family the wedding is in june!
Shivers28 Posts: 73
Sole and sea bass are both a white fish aren't they? I like both so would be happy to see either on a menu. Lemon sole might make a nice change though, I've never seen it before at a wedding. The apple and berry crumble would be my favourite of the desserts. I'm not a lover of chocolate desserts though.
NowIamMrsB Posts: 24
I like sea bass so would pick that. I would go for the crumble for the dessert as people may not like chocolate or pear.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Seabass is the only fish I really eat apart from cod. I think it is a good option for people who are not into fish and I think people who are into fish tend to like it too, so it's seabass for me. As for dessert, as another poster said the chol fondant I think is more suited to a winter wedding even though it is my favourite of the three. After that I'd go for the pear bakewell!
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
Last wedding I was a gguest at we had fillet beef for main followed by a pear tart- it was divine, so pear all the way for me anyway :yelrotflmaosmilie: .
Thanks so much girls!!! So far we are thinking -lemon sole over sea bass as never see sole at a wedding -still undecided over dessert-would love to have something different i.e the pear bakwell or chocolate fondant with icecream but the apple and berry crumble would be the safe option! Please keep the opinions coming!!! :thnk xx
MrsTwit Posts: 842
For me it'd have to be the sea bass and the crumble... yum!! But would have no problem with any of the other options either.... happy choosing! :wv
Thanks Sunflower-so hard to choose111 :thnk X