, she can rearrage or get a junior to do my trial which im not interested in at all.
Not sure what to do now do i rearrange or find someone else ???
I just feel if she cant be bothered to even phone me to explain, how relieable is she going to be come wedding day ?
Think i would feel grand if she had of phoned me just a quick call to explain but just to get a text...
Any advice would be great... Dont want to pay for 2 trials or feel worried for next 5mths....
Thanks in advance
Booked my make-up artist ages ago and was really looking forward to going on sat.. It is a well know Make-up artist and got good recommendations both from people and on net.
Well just got a text to say something has come up and she cant do it
I'd just text her back asking for trial refund. She should have given you a proper explanation or rang.
I don't know, I'd go with your gut on this one....the fact that it's a text wouldn't really bother me to be honest, at least she let you know a few days beforehand and some people prefer to text rather than phone (like myself). There might have been a sudden emergency or bereavement or something like that so I wouldn't mind that.
The thing that would annoy me was the suggestion that "a junior could do it". Eh, no. You didn't book a junior, you booked her. There are loads of make-up artists out there, I'd be looking for another one to be honest.
I'm currently on my third - the first one said she'd do trial and then never got back to me, the second one was all chat for about two weeks and then when I suggested trial she put me off because it was "too early" and now I'm meeting the third girl next week and I have a really good feeling about her, I initially wanted to go with her and I should have trusted my own instincts.
If you've paid for a trial already, ask for a refund. You booked her for Saturday, if SHE can't do it Saturday, she broke the terms of your agreement and you need to be refunded.
Who have you girls booked?? I have one provisionally booked but haven't arranged a trial yet? when you get your trial done, was it at the weekend? i wanna know how it will stay put all day
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":jlqw07he]Who have you girls booked?? I have one provisionally booked but haven't arranged a trial yet? when you get your trial done, was it at the weekend? i wanna know how it will stay put all day[/quote:jlqw07he]
AA I have arranged for a local MUA to come and do a trial with me on Tuesday or Wednesday next week - but that's just because it's convenient for both of us to do it midweek. I think a lot of girls get the trial the day of the Hen, to see how it lasts?
I'm not impressed with some of the more well-known MUAs to be honest. If they can't be bothered replying to e-mails, then I sure as hell won't be depending on them the morning of the wedding! All I want is someone who can come to my house and do it right.
I was going to do my own but I just can't get the hang of doing it properly for an important event.
I would have rathered a phone call and proper explanation about it. And what would be the point in a Junior doing the trial...........you don't want her for the day so it's a waste of time.
I've Booked Kerry Harvey, she works in the North West and is local to me.
Had my trial already and was really happy with it. It's somethign that I was worried about as I'm quite fussy about make up and hair. Full confidence though.
This happened to me but it was due to a bride changing where she was leaving from. I gave my MAU a second chance & wasn't sorry. I wouldn't be happy if my MUA left early on my wedding day to look aftersomeone else... However if you think she was being unprofessional look for someone else, you have to be happy with your choice. I hope you get it sorted
Thats not great in fairness. I know these things can happen, *touch wood* in five years iv never had to cancel on a client..... but im sure she will be expecting you to cancel your booking with her anyway youd be well within your rights to! CB2012 made a good point, I never book more than one client in per day to ensure that I can devote as much time as needed to each bride. Candiequeen that baffles me...i have loads of brides who get their trial A YEAR in advance just so they can have peace of mind that they have made the right decision and are happy with the makeup so its one less thing to worry about!! Shocking stuff alltogether
The thing that would annoy me was the suggestion that "a junior could do it". Eh, no. You didn't book a junior, you booked her. There are loads of make-up artists out there, I'd be looking for another one to be honest. [img:1kkmljb9]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img:1kkmljb9]
No money had changed hands so dont have the hassle of trying to get a refund, it was more the feeling i got that i wouldnt be happy if booked with her as id be wondering if it happended again and like you said her suggesting a junior would do it was a big NO NO for me and the fact she even suggested it sat wrong with me.
As it turns out i opened my email account today to find an email from another make-up artist i had met at a wedding fair and she waas checking in to see if i got sorted or was still interested in a trial .. the last time i was talking to this woman was last june so the fact that she sent a quick email and still checked in with me gave me the impression that she was professional and also when i met her i got a really good vibe from her and remember looking forward to going to her for a trial so i booked a trial with her now and i feel with the timing of it all well im taking it as a sign it was ment to be. I only really went with the second girl as she was more local to go to for the trial but i now realise i should stick with my gut feeling and the easy option is not always best.
Thanks all again
Hi all.. Thanks for all the replys