make up artist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

offalycoc Posts: 54
Hi I was wondering if anyone can recommend a makeup artist. Getting married 5th Oct 2013 in Birr/Banagher area Co. offaly. Thanks for any advice
Bombshell29 Posts: 85
Pmd u xx
Gingerella Posts: 11
Hi. I am offaly based as well. Had a few terrible trials by makeup artists recommended here and by friends! Pleased to say I had a trial with Audrey o Meara from Secret Essence in Birr this weekend and it went really well so I will be booking her ASAP. She will also travel out to your house on the morning of the wedding. Hope this helps.
justengaged27 Posts: 76
[quote="Gingerella":3n3s9c8u]Hi. I am offaly based as well. Had a few terrible trials by makeup artists recommended here and by friends! Pleased to say I had a trial with Audrey o Meara from Secret Essence in Birr this weekend and it went really well so I will be booking her ASAP. She will also travel out to your house on the morning of the wedding. Hope this helps.[/quote:3n3s9c8u] Hi Gingerella, I'm just wondering do you not need to pay a deposit to get the trial. When you didn't book those artists after the trial did you lose the deposit?
Gingerella Posts: 11
I paid for the trial itself one was 30 and the other was 40... I think. Did not have to pay Additional money/ deposit. I suppose I also told the girls my wedding date and said I wanted a trial to see if the makeup products suited me so I never guaranteed they would get the job for the big day!
justengaged27 Posts: 76
O, I might try that myself! Thanks Gingerella :)
murphym1979 Posts: 7
Hi There, I got married last year and used Michelle Twomey of Michelletmakeup (no: 0851317519), she is amazing and is quite reasonable too. Have used her a good bit since I got married for occasional makeup and she is great, could not recommend her enough.. Hope this helps, good luck :)