Make up artists recommendations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

June79 Posts: 30
I am thinking of getting a make up artist for my wedding but I don’t know of any and what sort of price they charge. How much do trials cost? I am looking to get them to come to the house and work their magic on me my two bridesmaids and my Mum. I am in the south Dublin area. Any recommendations? Or am I better going into Brown Thomas and talking to the girls on the make up stands? *)
littlemissbride Posts: 61
I recommend Rhona Culinane - she will come to your house. .
jenny07 Posts: 345
I can recommend Angela Gallagher who is registered here. Very reasonable and will travel out to your house.
Nemo79 Posts: 932
I recommend Deborah Murphy from Make-up by Deborah. She will come to your house.
coxy Posts: 34
i went to brown thomas to get a make-up artist, her name is nicki fanning and she only works in bt 2 days a week and does weddings every other day. she was amazing, if you want i can give you her number
June79 Posts: 30
Thanks can I have her number
coxy Posts: 34
her number is 085 1030504 she also has a web site its nickifanning.com hope this helps you
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
i've booked Zoe Clark who is based in Dundrum. She charges €400 for up to four faces and an additional €50 for extra faces. Her trials are €50. As my wedding is outside of dublin i have to pay her mileage and overnight stay but she doesn't charge anything extra for dublin based weddings. Take a look at her website -
FinesseWeddings Posts: 221
Hi there, Try Marie Joseph. . She is excellent. Regards Mary
jen4 Posts: 566
I had Ailbhe Lynch for my wedding and would highly recommend her, she's based out in Swords but will travel (I'm in South Dublin too). Trial cost me €50, and for the day she charged €350 for 6 people.